Amazon rant...

/ Amazon rant...
I run a small shipping biz out of my house so I know who the regulars are..
I do as well, sort of but in my case, my customers either pick up their jobs or I deliver them to them.

Everything we do entails metal fabrication or welding so most are heavy and have to be picked up or delivered by me. The really big stuff like excavator bucket rebuilds get picked up, always and some customers drop off entire machines as well. Have a Bandit commercial wood chipper sitting by the shop that needs some concentrated TLC presently. Just finished a job on an Altec 60 foot high reach unit that needed new hydraulic lines run inside the stick and of course the lines are proprietary and have to be sourced directly from Altec. We do some interesting stuff and I never turn down anything either. Least the hydraulic lines were delivered by Fed-Ex, not Amazon but then Amazon don't do that stuff anyway.

My 'big ticket' Amazon item shows shipped. Will see if it shows up. Not holding my breath.

Grainger and MSC always ships UPS, I'm good with that. Of course both UPS and Fed-Ex ship rates are pretty high today and getting worse as the economy gets worse and inflation climbs.

/ Amazon rant... #22  
I just had a close encounter with an Amazon van/probably an impaired driver. He backed out of a residential driveway into my lane from a dead stop without creeping out like there might be traffic coming. Too late to brake, I slammed on the horn. It took him a long time to react but missed me by less than a foot. Probably rockin' to ZZ Top on his headphones.

Thought about filing a report based on that address and time of day. Decided Amazon would just shrug. Their beancounters probably have the data and build an accident rate vs driver pay rate into their prices. Just another cost of doing business...

/ Amazon rant... #23  
Just looked over a few years of Amazon purchases and many are now tagged "Cannot Ship to your address"

I do have a dream that one day the discrimination I and the millions of my California brothers and sisters face will end so my people will be free at last and no longer second class citizens in this land we call America with equal opportunity and justice for all... Let Freedom Ring.

Oh.. wait a minute... I guess it California doing the discriminating... never mind.

Last edited:
   / Amazon rant... #24  
I “ALWAYS KNOW” when Fed-up is delivering to the house.. the BOOM BOOM BOOM of her stereo alerts me..
ITS LOUD.!!

/ Amazon rant... #25  
Funny people think they have it bad. Reminds me when I traveled a lot for work. I was on a flight with early internet access and they announced the free trial, and then about 30 minutes into the flight they shut it down and people were pissed! 30 minutes earlier people didn’t know there was internet on planes…

For me, average Amazon 2 day prime delivery time to me is 6 days. 10 miles to post office to pick up any package. no local package delivery and mail only 3 days a week. Post office only allows pick up 3 days a week. UPS Delivery comes from 45 miles away daily and weather plays a big part. so it is lucky if a anything ever shows up.

/ Amazon rant... #26  
Funny people think they have it bad. Reminds me when I traveled a lot for work. I was on a flight with early internet access and they announced the free trial, and then about 30 minutes into the flight they shut it down and people were pissed! 30 minutes earlier people didn’t know there was internet on planes…

For me, average Amazon 2 day prime delivery time to me is 6 days. 10 miles to post office to pick up any package. no local package delivery and mail only 3 days a week. Post office only allows pick up 3 days a week. UPS Delivery comes from 45 miles away daily and weather plays a big part. so it is lucky if a anything ever shows up.
Can you use a mail service or get a address where delivery isn't a problem?

My off grid friend has everything delivered to his cousin's business in town and he goes into town once a week.

Just to get the random mail in his mail box is 9 miles on a dirt mountain road crossing two streams that become raging rivers...

/ Amazon rant... #27  
Can you use a mail service or get a address where delivery isn't a problem?

My off grid friend has everything delivered to his cousin's business in town and he goes into town once a week.

Just to get the random mail in his mail box is 9 miles on a dirt mountain road crossing two streams that become raging rivers...
I actually feel lucky where I am. The town to the east on average has a 45 minute wait to pick up packages. And the town to the north is right now is 5 days behind on sorting the mail…. So I feel lucky and thank the local post master every time I see her.

/ Amazon rant... #28  
Maybe be nicer delivery people. Ours are all nice and bring things all the way to the house if the gate is open.
Similar experience at my place. If it's small where it stands a possibility of blowing away, they leave it in my mail box.

Bigger items are left on the front porch.

/ Amazon rant... #29  
Just looked over a few years of Amazon purchases and many are now tagged "Cannot Ship to your address"
Are you talking random items or ones that are banned in California because they cause cancer in goldfish or something?

Doesn't seem like anything I order from walmart.com can be delivered to their nearby store, but for the most part shipping to the house is reasonably fast.
I've noticed last year of so Amazon seems to take forever to actually ship an item. I don't have Prime, so maybe that's their way of pushing it on us. Not gonna work. :rolleyes:
Often as not it's a week before the item gets actually shipped.

All their deliveries here are either UPS or USPS. Not sure where the nearest warehouse is, but for some reason most orders come from distant ones.

/ Amazon rant... #30  
Some gas powered equipment, herbicide, pest control, certain light bulbs, paint, auto parts, etc.