Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #41  
Not from Amazon, but I just bought a YesWelder Cut-55 DS plasma cutter online for $290 and free shipping. I'll have to see if it works out, but the YouTube reviews look pretty good. I accidentally bought 305# of 3/8" armor plate at a steel recycler that I thought was hot rolled mild steel. It eats my drill bits and sawzall blades, so anything but an abrasive linear cut is impossible.

I think I'll go shopping for replacement mild steel and turn the armor plate into steel targets. I have a railroad tie anvil in the junk pile, and maybe I'll weld a piece of hard steel on top of it for a portable work surface.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #42  
Aren't you lucky! That's enough to make a tractor bucket, or a whole bunch of targets.

I have had good luck with a Lotos plasma/TIG/stick welder, though I am thinking of putting a hypertherm cutting torch on it when I use up the consumables that I have. Having a plasma torch really expanded my metalworking abilities.

All the best,

Peter

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #43  
I love hearing about cool finds like that. A handheld vacuum sounds like a game-changer for those quick cleanups around the house. I've been eyeing something similar for a while, so your recommendation definitely piqued my interest.
It's great to hear it's got some power behind it and comes with handy extras like the add-on snout and spare filter. And for just 30 bucks? Sounds like a steal to me!
I'll definitely keep it in mind for the next time I'm in need of a handy cleaning tool. Oh, and speaking of finding cool stuff online, have you ever checked out Temu clothing reviews? I recently stumbled upon them and found some helpful insights for my fashion buys.

Last edited:
   / Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #44  
I’ve had a YesWelder mig/tig/ stick welder for 2+ years Larry.
I’ve been really happy with it, never tried any tig welding though.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #45  
Imo some of the stuff they sell is rebranded made in the same or similar factories that manufactures HF. HF uses specific brand names Amazon seems to sell whatever the name manufacturers feel like printing on there stuff, in any case your not buying the name your buying it cause it's cheaper in most cases. Imo hf you can see what your buying at the store in person to make a decision. Amazon your relying solely on online pics and reviews which aren't always accurate in my experience. fortunately Amazon has a good easy return policy and fast inexpensive shipping even without prime.
I don’t buy from Amazon because it’s cheaper. I order from Amazon because they carry items that I can’t find in local stores.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #46  
I don’t buy from Amazon because it’s cheaper. I order from Amazon because they carry items that I can’t find in local stores.
I shop at Amazon because I can find stuff. But then I check the vendor's website and usually find a better deal. It appears that the Sellers add the cost of the "Amazon Fees" to their pricing on Amazon.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #47  
I shop at Amazon because I can find stuff. But then I check the vendor's website and usually find a better deal. It appears that the Sellers add the cost of the "Amazon Fees" to their pricing on Amazon.
But when you add shipping costs from the vendor, it’s a price wash. I definitely get my money’s worth with my prime membership.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #48  
But when you add shipping costs from the vendor, it’s a price wash. I definitely get my money’s worth with my prime membership.
Many times the Seller's website has free shipping. But yes, that can be a variable.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #49  
100% correct. Case in point is Weldfabulous. They sell on Amazon but if you deal direct with them their stuff is cheaper. I buy a ton of welding supplies from them plus they are Veteran owned.

/ Amazon Stuff That Doesn't Suck #50  
I bought a 400 lb/120 gal propane tank, best price and free delivery. That way more than covered Prime cost