Amazon?

/ Amazon? #461  
You don't know what you're missing by not getting Louisiana Hot Sauce or Crystal hot sauce. These Louisiana hot sauces are also cayenne pepper sauces and are more chili tasting and less vinegar tasting than even Tabasco which is America's top selling hot sauce. Yes, Amazon sells them too.
I may appear sacrilegious but what is the fascination with wings and hot sauce? At 70 years old, I finally tried Buffalo Wings with a multitude of different hot sauces and have yet to understand the a "why" of it all. Gristle and fat with a little bit of meat. Ribs seem to be more to my liking and don't need any type of hot sauce.

/ Amazon? #462  
I may appear sacrilegious but what is the fascination with wings and hot sauce? At 70 years old, I finally tried Buffalo Wings with a multitude of different hot sauces and have yet to understand the a "why" of it all. Gristle and fat with a little bit of meat. Ribs seem to be more to my liking and don't need any type of hot sauce.
I never got the wings craze either. Just goes to show hat you can take anything that people normally won't eat, smother in it hot sauce, sell it in a place that serves beer and you'll make millions.

/ Amazon? #467  
I'm kind of the other way not understanding the fascination with ribs. Not much meat on them, but very greasy. Hotwings tend to be kind of pricey for what you get, but they'd be my preference of the two.

/ Amazon? #468  
I make my own wings using Anchor Bar buffalo wing sauce from Amazon, mixed with a small amount of Thai sweet chili sauce.
I bake the wings till crispy, no frying. Much better since much fat rendered out vs. added.

have tried the other "flavored" sauces. Don't see a need, just sugary stuff.

/ Amazon? #469  
I don't pay (extra) for shipping and I don't pay for Prime.

Prime MAY be OK for those who use the extra features not related to shipping, but is of no benefit at all to those of us who don't.
How do you not pay shipping if you’re not a prime member?

/ Amazon? #470  
I've never seen a small town store go out of business that wasn't just begging for it to happen. There was a thread on that earlier but the short version is if you have very little in stock and keep bankers hours you can't complain when someone else who does business better takes your customers.

Being armpit deep in tech since the late 80s I'd disagree. In the end they all offered what customers wanted just like every successful tech company.

That's just being smarter than the other guys. Bezos figured out how to deliver a toaster oven, a tube of axle grease, goat food and a box of #8 machine screws all to my doorstep next day. What he has done for shipping and logistics is borderline alien tech genius.

That's just more genius. When the tools they needed for their business didn't exist they didn't give up like most do, they created them. They design their own chips too for the same reason. Then on top of that they found a way to market those creations to others as it's own line of business. All that does is demonstrate how truly revolutionary they are in creating and running their business. It's a fascinating story once you dig into it.
I agree. And as for small businesses not competing: it’s mostly their own practices that lead to their failure. Many of them keep inconsistent hours, and even those who keep regular hours aren’t in tune with modern lifestyles. Most of us don’t have time to go shopping during the work day; we do that in the evenings after work. During the time when most small businesses are closed.