Amazon?

/ Amazon? #61  
Add another grip about Amazon... Their "free" Prime Video, i.e. movies. Seems 90% of their movies are now either for rent or for sale. Very few "free" movies on there now.
true, today its rather had to find free movies or shows on prime.

/ Amazon? #62  
The ads still say $25 minimum. Just to make sure, I started an order for $50+. Got the same response--Prime or shipping costs. Deleted the cart. Will call them when I have time to wait on hold.
Without prime the shipping date has to be changed by you on each order before you get free shipping for qualified items totaling $25.

/ Amazon? #63  
Add another grip about Amazon... Their "free" Prime Video, i.e. movies. Seems 90% of their movies are now either for rent or for sale. Very few "free" movies on there now.
I am also finding that is true. There is a lot of free content, but some of the movies we want to watch (usually the really good older movies) seem to be about $4 to rent. Still, for four of us to watch a great movie that is a bargain. We rented In the Heat of the Night, and The Sting last month.

/ Amazon? #64  
I too quit Prime because of Besos and his politics. I try to use Amazon now for their reviews, and buy elsewhere.
But I admit to slipping up a lot, they do have some good stuff at good prices......

/ Amazon? #65  
This guy was a guest on Breaking Points. He goes into the whole deal about who really pays for the free shipping. Yeah it's a bit long but interesting.

/ Amazon? #66  
This guy was a guest on Breaking Points. He goes into the whole deal about who really pays for the free shipping. Yeah it's a bit long but interesting.
Bottom line: The Retail Buyer.

/ Amazon? #68  
When you place an order with free shipping, any additional orders placed within the next 24 hours also qualify to get free shipping regardless of the amount. Since this second order was also over $25 (meaning the courtesy free shipping wasn't needed), did they somehow grant the courtesy credit in regards to the additional order free shipping??

This second order this morning has a $7 item I could get at Ace, but my Ace stores are both at least 20 miles away and I don't plan on going back to town before next week when this order should arrive.
Those two orders, placed Friday afternoon and Saturday morning shipped yesterday, from the same place in the same package. 'Zon says it will be here tomorrow, UPS says Thursday. Wonder which day it will be.

Oh, by the way, 'Zon just doubled their executive and tech staff pay (something like $350K) with no mention of the workers or delivery drivers, all while still fighting unionization.

/ Amazon? #70  
That problem is definitely localized. We get many things same or next day. Maybe because Texas?
I think it really depends on how far you are away from their "local" distribution center. When the folks lived near Dallas it was same day or next day delivery. They moved to rural AR about a mile down the road and now they get 2 day shipping but with 3-5 business days before the item is shipped (same as its been for us). Closest distribution center is near Little Rock ~120 miles away- one way. When you are closer, they offer the same day/next day delivery so those of us in rural parts are probably just put on the bottom of the list.

Although Amazon probably doesn't pay much for UPS, I do find it strange to see all these packages coming in overnight (red) or blue because they wait so long to ship the stuff.

Typically for us, if I order something today, I'll see it "picked up" by UPS on Sunday and delivered either Monday or Tuesday of the following week. Since it's 65 miles to the closest "real" store and over 100 miles to a big store, we purchase quite a bit on Amazon. Many of the local (or local walmart/home depot etc) are smaller and really don't have a decent selection. We really do our best to only go to town once a week and do all our shopping after church - 45 mins away. As an added bonus, out here, you can have Amazon only send via UPS (no USPS) then for ~$20/yr you can subscribe to UPS Choice and have all the UPS that has the final mile shipping done by USPS (surepost I think), upgraded to ground for free which has saved us time as well.