Amazon?

/ Amazon? #501  
But not necessarily all that much slower. Seems to depend on what you order, I get the impression that different items are stored in different warehouses, and they'll consolidate the order when they have all (or most) of it, then ship. If everything's all in the same warehouse, the orders seem to ship within a couple days. I can live with that. I wish Rock Auto would do that...seems whenever I order multiple items, they're all from different warehouses and I have to pay for shipping separately on both.
<snip>
First of all we order almost EVERYTHING online. Amazon, Walmart, Lowes, HD and many smaller sellers. SWMBO (immune compromised), who used to spend hours in the Malls and at Walmart Pre-Covid hasn't been into a store since 2019.
Amazon (about 400 orders since 2021) and Walmart (probably about the same # of orders) ship from WHEREVER they may have the "stuff". And frequently if we order multiples (say 4 bags of flour) it will come from different warehouses. But since we don't pay shipping we don't care.
I used to dislike ordering some things online because of the pain of the return, but now they've made it painless for the most part.
And when we are in the suburbs of Alexandria, Va we often get Amazon Prime deliveries within hours of ordering.

/ Amazon?
Another strange purchase--I ordered a french fry cutter on ebay. It came with Amazon papework inside.

/ Amazon? #503  
I haven't noticed a difference in delivery times. I had, temporarily, a prime membership. The promised delivery time with prime is maybe a day. Not worth it to me. I have ordered things that were delivered at the same time promised for prime delivery.
Me too. My delivery times stayed the same. Even if I could get same day delivery I'm not sure that Prime would be worth it. I just wished I would have ditched Prime years ago.

Last edited:
   / Amazon? #504  
SEATTLE (AP) — Two more defendants have pleaded guilty for their role in a multimillion-dollar scheme to manipulate the Amazon Marketplace e-commerce platform.

Six people have been charged in the conspiracy, which federal prosecutors say involved paying bribes to get Amazon employees and contractors to leak confidential data and to use that data to grant certain sellers a competitive advantage on Amazon Marketplace.

In their plea agreements, Nilsen and Leccese admitted they conspired to pay bribes to obtain confidential Amazon business information; to get suspended third-party sellers and product listings reinstated on the Marketplace; to circumvent Amazon restrictions on certain products; and to manipulate customer reviews, among other things.

/ Amazon? #505  
Maybe 95% of what I order from Amazon gets delivered by USPS to my PO Box in town. The outliers seem to be anything with a battery in it. Tiny battery powered items like outdoor thermometers and headband LED flashlights. Those battery containing items will come UPS or FedEx. I asked the postmaster about it and she seemed unsure of why. Anyone else see this?

/ Amazon? #506  
Some of the pricing changes aren't necessarily what people think they are. I'd been watching an item for several months that was routinely in the $30-50 range. Just by luck one day I noticed one seller that had five listed for $13.xx, so I jumped on it and ordered two. I almost expected the order to be cancelled or that I'd get some oddball junk. Got them a few days later and they was nicer than I expected, so I went back to order the other three. They had jumped back to over $30 like all the rest. I finally figured out that the seller had probably fat fingered the price to $13.xx instead of $31.xx, but they never responded to any of my inquiries and I never heard from any one requesting the extra.

/ Amazon? #507  
Some of the pricing changes aren't necessarily what people think they are. I'd been watching an item for several months that was routinely in the $30-50 range. Just by luck one day I noticed one seller that had five listed for $13.xx, so I jumped on it and ordered two. I almost expected the order to be cancelled or that I'd get some oddball junk. Got them a few days later and they was nicer than I expected, so I went back to order the other three. They had jumped back to over $30 like all the rest. I finally figured out that the seller had probably fat fingered the price to $13.xx instead of $31.xx, but they never responded to any of my inquiries and I never heard from any one requesting the extra.
I was on looking at L-Track, the stuff that is on aircraft floors, and also used for cargo holding. And I found some from Mr. Gasket, for 15.95. I had been on the Summit Racing site ten minutes before, and they were selling the identical product for $149.95 I bought Iwas looking for two, and had budgeted$180 To spend on them. I bought ten of them.

Checked two days later, and they were at $105.95

/ Amazon? #509  
I didn't know what that was
Does anyone make it in steel?
I have only seen it in aluminum. It was originally developed for aircraft. You can get attachments for it with threaded studs, and bolt holes, plus a large variety of loops and hooks.

If you look at the seat mounts in midsized airplanes the seats are attached to the L-track. If he operator wants to use the plane for cargo, they just pull the seats, and install the cargo holding brackets, eyes, etc.