Ammunition

/ Ammunition
"Golden Tiger" is made by Vympel in Russia.

Golden Tiger Ammo

Bruce

Wow, if they make R-73/AA-11 Archers, I trust them to feed my SKS. Thanks.

I understand some people don't like the idea of steel cased ammo, but frankly I'm not shooting a $2500 custom rifle, and if ammo is gonna cost me $1-1.50 per round, I won't be shooting much at all.

/ Ammunition
It is a thread about ammunition. I'm sure I am not the only person on TBN that reloads their own ammunition.

I did start this thread about ammo, and not my specific question only. I'm wondering if you dislike steel cases only from the reloading point of view or if your worried about them damaging your guns. Hundreds of millions of firearms shoot steel cased ammo, and other then being (mostly) no reload able and (as far as I know, always) Berdan primed, I've never really heard any reason to avoid them.

/ Ammunition #23  
Could you relate your comment to the original post? I can't seem to.

The OP asked about steel case. 4570 stated he would not shoot steel case in his guns.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Ammunition
Ok, I've found the following from my orginal post:
Monarch Brass =Prvi Partisan (Serbian)
Monarch Steel =Barnaul (Russian Federation)

Hopefully the Syrian expedition won't suck up too much of the ammunition from Russia. As it stands, I think it will be mostly 23mm × 113mm and up for now.

Edit: hopefully they use lots of 30mm x 165, GSh-30-2 (insert evil smiley face here)

/ Ammunition #25  
I don't reload steel cases or nickel plated brass cases. Steel cases cause more wear to an semi automatic firearm, but a bolt action or wheel gun should be fine.

/ Ammunition #26  
Wow, if they make R-73/AA-11 Archers, I trust them to feed my SKS. Thanks.

I understand some people don't like the idea of steel cased ammo, but frankly I'm not shooting a $2500 custom rifle, and if ammo is gonna cost me $1-1.50 per round, I won't be shooting much at all.

I don't quite pay that much, but off the wall sizes cost off the wall prices. Try shooting 45/70, 44/40, 45LC or any of the Magnums.... Prices locally are outrageous so I to use ammmoseek.com.

/ Ammunition
I don't quite pay that much, but off the wall sizes cost off the wall prices. Try shooting 45/70, 44/40, 45LC or any of the Magnums.... Prices locally are outrageous so I to use ammmoseek.com.

I inherited my dad's Remington 700 .270 Win, and on the best day it's $0.85/trigger pull and more like $1.25/per. Really takes the joy out of the bang. Btw, friend shoots a .50 BMG bolt gun, and he says it's about $10/bang.

/ Ammunition #28  
I inherited my dad's Remington 700 .270 Win, and on the best day it's $0.85/trigger pull and more like $1.25/per. Really takes the joy out of the bang. Btw, friend shoots a .50 BMG bolt gun, and he says it's about $10/bang.

Your friend needs to shop around. I've seen 50 BMG less than $2/round. Some of it is linked, but I'd delink for the price difference.

/ Ammunition #29  
It is a thread about ammunition. I'm sure I am not the only person on TBN that reloads their own ammunition.

I reload.

I havn't dabbled much with lead as i mostly shot high velocity rifle, but a while back got a 45-70 and got real tired real fast of using up my expensive jacketed .458 projectiles that my .458 winmag / .458 lott eats, and finally located me some sized and lubed .459/.460 flat points.

love them in the 45.70 over some trail boss. bunny fart loads..

/ Ammunition #30  
I did start this thread about ammo, and not my specific question only. I'm wondering if you dislike steel cases only from the reloading point of view or if your worried about them damaging your guns. Hundreds of millions of firearms shoot steel cased ammo, and other then being (mostly) no reload able and (as far as I know, always) Berdan primed, I've never really heard any reason to avoid them.

Believe it or not.. you can find boxer steel. why? who knows. But I'm not desperate enough to run it in my dies yet. I do save it though, and have used a uni decapper ( lee ) to pop the primers.

Anything with a replaceable chamber.. like an AR.. i have no problem with steel. If I ever actually do wear one out after a few thousand rounds.. i can easilly re-bbl.

If it's a soviet / com-bloc weapon.. i don't care at all.. they were actually MADE to run steel.