Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #21  
Considering I have never heard of a engine failure related to oil, other then lack of oil changes, do we need the BEST? I run supertech in everything for the last 20 years. 0 issue, and i sometimes use fram filters. I like living on the wild side.

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #22  
There's a place here called Bailey's that does the overstocked, insurance claimed, scratch and dent buyout, etc deals.. I usually just use whatever synthetic Xw-30 they get in a few times a year. Usually $1.99-$2.99 a qt. Last year was Peak Synthetic 5w-30.

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #23  
I run around 50 hours/year and the oil is usually darker by year end. I posted earlier about synthetic oil. My brother uses synthetic in his XT2 so that sounded like a good idea. Last year I used Mobil1 10W30 synthetic in my XT3 and a month later found oil running across the floor appearing to be from the front crankshaft seal. This wasn't just a drip and I placed cardboard under the mower to catch the oil. My last change I bought straight 30W detergent oil and thankfully no more leaks at all. I use Mobil1 in my car and motor home for years with no problems.
Bob B.

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #24  
Debating what oil is best is so mostly based on unsubstantiated opinion. The truth of it is, most any brand of engine oil that meets the manufacturer's specs will work just fine, as long as you change it when it needs changed.

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #25  
Should work. Put M1 into a Kohler (on a Gravely). Stopped it from using oil.

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #26  
Debating what oil is best is so mostly based on unsubstantiated opinion.
Not exactly https://www.amsoil.com/performance-tests/ Amsoil does more in house testing than any competitor, always trying to improve. Plus there are numerous independent tests done as well.

The truth of it is, most any brand of engine oil that meets the manufacturer's specs will work just fine, as long as you change it when it needs changed.
Problem is, people often don't change it when it's needed. The recommended change intervals are under ideal conditions.
You may not know when it needs changed due to the extreme heat and load small engine equipment is subjected to. Now you're using oil that has sheared, lost viscosity, etc.

"Compared to liquid-cooled automotive engines, small engines run hotter; operate under constant load; generate more oil-damaging contaminants; suffer from neglected maintenance and are exposed to dirt, rain, snow and other extremes. Simply put, they're far tougher on oil that most people think."

I think you're about to see some manufactures recommend Amsoil in their vehicles. Especially the ones recommending 0W-16 and soon 0W-10 and 0W-8.

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #27  
Is this amsoil small engine 10w30 engine any good? I love amsoil but never used there small engine oil.
i would say all AMSoil products are better than good. Ben using AMSoil for about 20 years.
The 10/30 or small engine 0/40 both wiil work for you, also the automotive oils will work hmm...even the diesel oils will work.
Look at your API sticker

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670
Thanks guys!

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670
Just for a follow up got the oil change done and this amsoil stuff is awesome

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #30  
Short and somewhat interesting Kohler oil video