An EV??????`

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / An EV??????` #313  
Agendas change, physical science...not so much.
Then why are not looking at how/why climate changed repeatably before humans?
Maybe it was ancients that we do not know that polluted the globe causing the change?
Maybe we do not understand what the correct climate is, since we are calculating on very very short time span compared to age of the planet?
I still have not seen ANY science that defines what the "correct" climate we are trying to achieve is.
Do we even understand weather patterns well enough yet?

Science says that CO2 levels were way higher than now throughout time but now that it is near an all time low it's too high?
Mean temps have higher and lower than today for extended time periods but we want to select where it should be in the future?
What caused the Ice Ages and will they return?
What cause the planet to be Ice free and will it happen again?

I don't have the answers but without some of this we are chasing solutions for unknown problems. No different than tearing down a tractor that won't move without knowing if it is in neutral.

/ An EV??????` #314  
Then why are not looking at how/why climate changed repeatably before humans?
Maybe it was ancients that we do not know that polluted the globe causing the change?
Maybe we do not understand what the correct climate is, since we are calculating on very very short time span compared to age of the planet?
I still have not seen ANY science that defines what the "correct" climate we are trying to achieve is.
Do we even understand weather patterns well enough yet?

Science says that CO2 levels were way higher than now throughout time but now that it is near an all time low it's too high?
Mean temps have higher and lower than today for extended time periods but we want to select where it should be in the future?
What caused the Ice Ages and will they return?
What cause the planet to be Ice free and will it happen again?

I don't have the answers but without some of this we are chasing solutions for unknown problems. No different than tearing down a tractor that won't move without knowing if it is in neutral.
Climate change has an interpretation all its own according to a person studying or collaborating on it.

The thread is about EV's.

I'll stick to the science of battery tech and general physics of vehicle models.

/ An EV??????` #315  
And speaking of ice ages, I find it interesting that the rising water levels are a result of melting ice only. Nothing else has been mentioned as far as I know.

That land is still rising after slowly rebounding from the ice mass, and consequently displacing water, doesn't seem to matter.

That rivers and creeks puts enormous amounts of silt into the oceans on a daily basis doesn't seem to have any official effect on the water levels, either.

Heck, every ship, sunken or in use, displaces some. And every pebble thrown into an ocean by a kid does, too. But somehow it's only "man made global warming" melting the ice that counts.

/ An EV??????` #316  
Oops ------ Foreign Technology is coming in 2026-2027. I guess the small town of Julian NC needs to be building a huge fire station and hiring a minimum of 100 Police Officers to protect the new multiple billion dollar Battery Plant Toyota is building at this location to protect it from vandalism and arson attempts.

“If successful, Toyota expects its electric cars powered by solid-state batteries to have a range of 1,200km (750 miles) — more than twice the range of its current EVs — and a charging time of 10 minutes or less.”

China is also moving into Mexico in a big way with EV manufacturing because of the cheap labor market will allow EV's to be produced cheaply and sold cheaply.

More Foreign money pushing technology in the US that is coming in 2031.

China already has EV's getting 645 miles per trip before needing charging.

US Manufactures' of EV Batteries are going to have to step up to the plate or be left behind standing on the side of the street hollering, But---But--But no one told me.

Last edited:
   / An EV??????` #317  
And speaking of ice ages, I find it interesting that the rising water levels are a result of melting ice only. Nothing else has been mentioned as far as I know.

That land is still rising after slowly rebounding from the ice mass, and consequently displacing water, doesn't seem to matter.

That rivers and creeks puts enormous amounts of silt into the oceans on a daily basis doesn't seem to have any official effect on the water levels, either.

Heck, every ship, sunken or in use, displaces some. And every pebble thrown into an ocean by a kid does, too. But somehow it's only "man made global warming" melting the ice that counts.
"How many billion dollar weather and climate disasters?

Adding the 2023 events to the record that began in 1980, the U.S. has sustained 376 weather and climate disasters with the overall damage costs reaching or exceeding $1 billion. The cumulative cost for these 376 events exceeds $2.660 trillion.Jan 8, 2024"

/ An EV??????` #318  
All this climate change crap started when some freaking cave man discovered cooking meat over a fire made it taste so much more yummy. It has been downhill ever since.

But we will be saved. Gas stoves will be outlawed and you need less energy to cook bugs.

/ An EV??????` #319  
That NIO battery may be much better than what's available now, but...

If it's 650 miles in 14 hours, that means an average of a measly 46.5 mph. Most of my road going vehicles are at a 62 mph or better average speed.

In other words, I'd probably get a 400 mile range out of it, at best. Not even counting elevation changes.

/ An EV??????` #320  
"How many billion dollar weather and climate disasters?

Adding the 2023 events to the record that began in 1980, the U.S. has sustained 376 weather and climate disasters with the overall damage costs reaching or exceeding $1 billion. The cumulative cost for these 376 events exceeds $2.660 trillion.Jan 8, 2024"
So how many so called "climate disasters" occurred 1000 years ago, 2000 years ago ? What are we comparing to ? For it to have any meaning maybe it should be compared to when C02 levels were same or higher 1000s of years ago. Thats like TV forecaster stating this is the warmest winter in 176 years.....so what happened 177 years ago ? Our time frames are far too short, but climate zealots requires us to only focus on the last century to meet their narrative of more carbon taxes needed and we must help 3rd world countries skip the fossil fuel stage and starve instead. And we must destroy our economy ( and give it to China) despite our fossil fuels use being almost perfected in ICE and having many decades left. Yes we can adapt, let new fuel sources including batteries stand on their own two feet without mandates and without blackmailing ICE and its fuels. Adapt if still warming, build infrastructure to protect shorelines, instead of wasting it on battery plants and huge charging infrastructure needs. Heck Holland is 3 or 4 feet below sea level but since 2nd world war continues to claim even more land with dike engineered tech. Maybe New Orleans and other supposed future risky ocean front cities should consider adapting. Farming adapt, longer summer climates means more vegetation and trees in places like my Canada, more trees to convert C02 if you like. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.