An EV??????`

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / An EV??????` #361  
Some info on ev's

willy
On the local (okay, statewide) news this morning they said that EV sales are way down.

and there aren't nearly enough charging stations. That seems to be in sync with the rest of the nation.

Tesla has ramped up charge station installations.
They are now prefabbing the chargers "up to 12" and setting the entire group in place including the concrete.
This modular "PSU" can be installed and up and running, open for business in 4 days.

2300 stall installations in the US so far and now averaging a new station installed every 60 minutes.
(y) I just put $50.55 dollars of $3.19 regular in my truck. If it was a diesel at $4.00 a gallon it would have been many dollars more. I own two trucks and a car. I keep looking for free gas but there does not seem to be any in my area like in other people’s.

I wish, our regular is approaching $4, premium non ethanol is about $4.70 and diesel Is over $4.00 a gallon.

/ An EV??????` #362  
They are now prefabbing the chargers "up to 12" and setting the entire group in place including the concrete.
This modular "PSU" can be installed and up and running, open for business in 4 days.

2300 stall installations in the US so far and now averaging a new station installed every 60 minutes.

I wish, our regular is approaching $4, premium non ethanol is about $4.70 and diesel Is over $4.00 a gallon.

No more excuses of "There's no where to charge on a trip". ;)

My electric rate is .13 cents/kWh. Doesn't fluctuate like fuel prices and I can charge at home. Really is a no brainer to own an EV, IF you can charge at home.

/ An EV??????` #363  
My motorcycle can get 45 MPG but with the above gas prices the EV can easily more than double the motorcycles MPG as far as fuel cost.

Something to be said for the freedom a bike gives that is intangible/priceless.

The EV was expensive so I put full coverage on it , 1200 bucks a year difference can buy a fair amount of fuel for an ICE rig.

ps. As a town trip runner the EV can do round trips for under a buck easily. the truck will cost me over $3

Last edited:
   / An EV??????` #364  
No more excuses of "There's no where to charge on a trip". ;)

My electric rate is .13 cents/kWh. Doesn't fluctuate like fuel prices and I can charge at home. Really is a no brainer to own an EV, IF you can charge at home.

Very similar KWH pricing.
I think our town has one charging station location with 2 hookups?. Never used it.
The next might be 50 miles in any direction, not sure, since the car has been 100% charged @ home and was able to make a 220 mile trip at night raining, Hard.
Heat, lights, wipers, on and literally plowed water for about 50 miles of it , then sat with the heat on surfing the internet, while waiting for a plane to land for about an hour. Then trip back arriving with 15% battery left. Pretty much perfect for what I bought it to do as this was my longest projected standard trip use.

Very similar KWH pricing.

I think our town has one charging station location with 2 hookups?. Never used it.
The next might be 50 miles in any direction, not sure, since the car has been 100% charged @ home and was able to make a 220 mile trip at night raining, Hard.
Heat, lights, wipers, on and literally plowed water for about 50 miles of it , then sat with the heat on surfing the internet, while waiting for a plane to land for about an hour. Then trip back arriving with 15% battery left. Pretty much perfect for what I bought it to do as this was my longest projected standard trip use.

/ An EV??????` #365  
Petroleum reserves are running out.
I don't think they are. Because if they are, we have bigger problems than running out of gas. Everyone would die overnight because there would be no more plastic, something widely used and completely necessary in medical devices. Plumbing, cooking, the roads we drive on, sex lube, caulk, cell phones.

Then you look at the fact that 5 million homes in the US alone use home heating oil as a heat source in the winter. Without home heating oil, millions would die every winter. There is no gas, and asking most of those people to heat with wood would be very difficult. Converting to electric heat would be obscenely expensive, both for the conversion and and for the actual heating.

/ An EV??????` #366  
I don't think they are. Because if they are, we have bigger problems than running out of gas. Everyone would die overnight because there would be no more plastic, something widely used and completely necessary in medical devices. Plumbing, cooking, the roads we drive on, sex lube, caulk, cell phones.

Then you look at the fact that 5 million homes in the US alone use home heating oil as a heat source in the winter. Without home heating oil, millions would die every winter. There is no gas, and asking most of those people to heat with wood would be very difficult. Converting to electric heat would be obscenely expensive, both for the conversion and and for the actual heating.
Worse they could not build EV cars. How much of an EV chassis, body and interior today use materials that require oil?

/ An EV??????` #367  
That sounds a bit like building a new gas station, but overlook the installation of tanks to store the fuel in.

As far as I know, there isn't readily available electricity everywhere.

/ An EV??????` #368  
That sounds a bit like building a new gas station, but overlook the installation of tanks to store the fuel in.

As far as I know, there isn't readily available electricity everywhere.
Maybe they are building the generators into the PSU.... 🤓

/ An EV??????` #370  
Tesla's Mega Supercharger Counts on Diesel Generator | Sept 2023 Blog.

From SF Gate: “But as with many Tesla-related things, there is a secret, thinly obscured by an Oz-like curtain, at the Harris Ranch Supercharger. Hidden in plain sight across the way from the Harris Ranch Supercharger’s main stations, behind a Shell station, is a small diesel plant that has helped power Tesla’s footprint.”

Status
Not open for further replies.