An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems.

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems. #1  

Newbie tractor guy

Tractor
Kubota B3000
I bought This tractor used. But In great shape.. But Last years Snow blower use, wore out the wear bar on the bottom and the skid shoes.. I thought wow I hope they are cheap but alas no. So I put this on for this year. And so far here in NW Montana no real snow. But now that it is coming this week.. I lubed this up.. it barely touches the wear bar on Bottom. The bolt heads are counter sunk. And the gauge wheels so far rotate.. I hope it works What do you all think? I came up with this when I put a wheel on my lil 30" blower..

Kubota B3000 and Snow blower B2782

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems. #2  
Let us know how it works out for you. It looks like the blower is tilted back. Is it just the picture?

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems.
It is the picture angle The wheels are right about even with the new poly wear bar on bottom

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems. #4  
I did this a few years ago, works very good. There're some pictures I put should be somewhere...

Yes Please as I am not sold on this as the end all.. I was thinking the same guage wheels the mower deck has but that is even more than the skids and the new poly wear bar

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems. #6  
How far are you from the coal mines?

You may want to change the wheels to skids by purchasing a
set of snow blower skids sized for your specific snowblower from
www.snowblowerskids.com

As this is your first season with this snowblower and mule you should
invest in a couple of aerosol cans of Fluid Film to coat the impeller paddles
and the impeller housing and the chute and spout and you will be able to
double your casting distance.

www.snowblowerskids.com

This is my Second year with this Blower. And the skids wore out in one winter. and the price from kubota was outlandish. I ordered a poly snow plow blank and cut it to fit and counter sunk the bolts.. Then I pondered welding metal to what was left of the skids Doable indeed but alas When My Huskie 36" blower needed new shoes.. I saw the wheeled ones and said that will last longer. So this is what I have done for about 15.00 and the 89 bucks for the plow blade to replace the bottom wear bar. And Fluid film is already my favorite thing.. Been that since the 2000's with my old boss plow and 460 ford F250 And I have no idea where the nearest coal mine is I am in NW Montana

/ An Idea I had after last years snow blowing problems. #10  

www.snowblowerskids.com

Thanks for the link ! Looks like they might make shoes to fit my 72” Meteor snowblower, so I looked up dealer locations and there’s a dealer about 70 miles from me, so I called them this morning and the guy said we have exactly what you need in stock and he would set a pair aside for me to pick up this afternoon. Well I drove up there and found out they didn’t have the correct skids to fit my blower, he said it takes a very long time to get anything from that outfit but he would check into it and call me back, well so far he hasn’t called me back.
I believe these are the correct skids to fit my 72” Meteor blower.
Meteor | ARMORskids®