and then, I had a tractor

/ and then, I had a tractor #1  

Old Guy in Tenn

Silver Member
Tractor
LX4500 Yanmar 1948 Farmall Cub
We spent Christmas week in Tennessee. Our kids came in from across the country and, except for a dog issue, we had a wonderful time. We planned to leave on 12/29, but stayed another day to wrap up some construction issues. At lunchtime in that extra day our neighbor asked if we would be interested in a tractor. A friend of his had sold his home and was moving out in 5 days. He had a low-hour tractor for sale at a good price. Did we want to talk with him?

We left to see the tractor as soon as we finished one last project, and arrived just as the sun disappeared. The tractor was the size we wanted, was equipped as we wanted, and came with a few attachments we needed. I took a "test drive", talked $$ for 90 seconds, and decided to buy. We spent the next morning trying without success to line up financing, decided to take some 401k money and give the seller a check. Ta-daa.

2013 Yanmar LX4500. 45hp, 4wd, loader, SSQA, Synchro Throttle, 3-range HST, Ag tires, 72 inch cutter, fully adjustable (manual) back blade, a 3-point receiver, and just 260 hours. Returned the next afternoon with a trailer and hauled it to our under-construction home. Spent an hour getting it into the garage, and left for Michigan in the morning. Next trip we put it to work.

/ and then, I had a tractor #2  
Nice one. 260 hours is nothing, as long as the fluids and filters have been changed along the way.

Congrats on your new tractor.

/ and then, I had a tractor #3  
Good way to start off the new year :thumbsup: congrats.

/ and then, I had a tractor #4  
Nice, it looks like you were in the right place at the right time! Enjoy.

/ and then, I had a tractor
Yes. Right place at the right time. Seller included 2 5-gal fuel cans, a gallon of Yanmar engine oil and one of Yanmar hydraulic fluid, and a Yanmar service kit missing just a couple of filters. Said that he always used Yanmar products when servicing. Grease fittings I could find had been used regularly. My neighbor said the seller was meticulous with his stuff, so I expect all is good.

Yanmar purchase.jpg

/ and then, I had a tractor #6  
Yes. Right place at the right time. Seller included 2 5-gal fuel cans, a gallon of Yanmar engine oil and one of Yanmar hydraulic fluid, and a Yanmar service kit missing just a couple of filters. Said that he always used Yanmar products when servicing. Grease fittings I could find had been used regularly. My neighbor said the seller was meticulous with his stuff, so I expect all is good.

View attachment 635159

Congratulations!
A very fortuitous find.

/ and then, I had a tractor #7  
Nice tractor. It sounds like you couldn't have done better.
rScotty

/ and then, I had a tractor #8  

View attachment 635159

Nice tractor! If you are building a house I am sure you will be putting it to work.

Not sure what side of Claiborne County you are on, but wanted to mention that Greene's in Sneedville has picked up the Yanmar line. It is about 25 miles over there from Tazwell. Both routes are kind of crooked, but not a bad drive. Good folks. They are a Kioti - LS - Yanmar dealer. I've bought some implements from them. If you are on the west end of the county then TN Tractor in Knoxville might be closer or at least easier to get to. If you use a tractor you will eventually break something or other (and at a very inconvenient time if you have my luck.)

/ and then, I had a tractor #9  
Nice find. Not often that the right rig falls into your lap, and right next door!! Enjoy the new toy.

/ and then, I had a tractor #10  
Congratulations, especially with the attachments and included fluids.

Did you get the Owner Manual too?