And there'd probably be some fool pull out to pass

/ And there'd probably be some fool pull out to pass #11  
Almost every time it's the drivers that slam on their brakes to slow way down or stop that start the crash. I've saw that several times in rain as well. Have heard of instances where a driver pulls off on the shoulder and sits with their lights on, traffic slams into their rear thinking they are in the driving lane.

In my opinion it's best to do what the OP did. Try to safely keep moving and eventually drive thru it.

/ And there'd probably be some fool pull out to pass #12  
So I wonder what kind of motorcycle was that in the Henry Ford song video ?

/ And there'd probably be some fool pull out to pass #13  
Mid seventies, I was driving a tandem dump for an excavating company whom leased their equipment on with the state during the winter. No plowing, just a spreader box.

We would go out singular and with a "plow train". The plow train's were the worst because we would block both lanes on the interstate. Trucks would get along side of me trying to get through the train.

Mostly when it was solid ice, there would be miles of headlights behind me. Often as not someone would become inpatient and pass only to spin out and go off of the road. Never took me out but I had some close calls. We were required to call the accident in and not stop if not involved.

One of the more stupid people tricks was when I was driving a rubber tired loader from a satilite salt dump to the main yard. Someone came out a side road and must have took one look at me thinking that they did not want to be behind me. They blew out of that side road and got T-boned. Ouch!

/ And there'd probably be some fool pull out to pass #14  
I don't recall hearing the song but for some reason the line reminded me of an old song about "A little Nash Rambler with a horn that went beep beep beep".
Hey buddy how do i get this car out of 2nd gear

/ And there'd probably be some fool pull out to pass #15  
I think snow and ice, and even pouring rain bring out the worst in drivers!
I don't agree with what the TT driver did, but in his defense (and not much defense) he is sitting up quite a bit higher than you are, so doesn't get a lot of the splash back that is generated by the tires. Also, if he were heavily loaded, that gives him the ability to have a little more traction that what you have, but all of that still doesn't give him the right to go blowing by people and make it to where they can't see.
There is a new breed of truck drivers (and steering wheel holders) coming up in this world... be careful around them because a lot of them are not capable of pouring water out of a boot with directions written on the bottom of the sole!
In rain, I can often drive a little faster than the SAFE speed of moving traffic simply because I can see better in my TT because I don't have all the road mist coming up on my windshield. Just because I can see doesn't make it any easier to stop, so I pick a car that I like the speed of and follow it (at a safe distance). My issue is all the cars that think that open space was left there for them to put their cars into!!
And while I am on a rant, what about the people who pass with nobody in front or behind them, and as soon as they pass my vehicle, they move over in front of me? Really??? They have to pull over so close that it activates my crash avoidance system and causes the truck to slow down (or even hit the brakes!!!)
What ever happened to where you were supposed to see the pavement in front of your rear view mirror? (apparently some people mistake that for the passenger side mirror... or are moving over as soon as their warning light (telling them there is a vehicle next to them) goes off!!
Another one is merging! Get your vehicle up to the speed of traffic on the acceleration ramp while looking over your shoulder for a place to enter traffic! So many people don't even look until they get to the end of the ramp, and if a tractor trailer is sitting there, they get pissed because the blasted truck didn't get out of their way!!!
David from jax

/ And there'd probably be some fool pull out to pass #16  
This one...

That was one of George Carlin’s routines, sans “on ice”

This is where my opening line came from ...

I probably should post this over in the “battery and car” thread. 😈
Jstpssng,
Thanks for putting up Beep Beep. Somebody told me about it over 45 years ago and I remembered the part about the little Nash Rambler. I don't think she knew the title and I'd never heard the song until this day.

/ And there'd probably be some fool pull out to pass #17  
I couldn't control and couldn't do anything about except to hold on and hope that nothing got in front of me.
A few years ago I was bringing my wife back from surgery, heading east on I84 from Portland. It was snowing heavy with sleet and whatever. The big rigs were going slow. I couldn't get around them. The wheel ruts were causing them to kick up so much water/snow/sheet that you couldn't see. I tried to settle back but it wasn't much better as more big rigs filled the gap in front of me and repeated the issue as I gave them space. I was in an F250 and I was still was to low for the spray.

If you can't see, you can't see. It was one of the most harrowing experiences I can recall. And I've driven a lot of miles.

The problem was the worn wheel ruts on 84. They gathered the water. The blow out was and still is today terrible. In previous places in the midwest they seemed to fix these. But here the roads last longer without chuckholes. So they let them go. It's no wonder why I84 gets shut down so often. Now are coming tolls. And the interstate will still be $h1t.

/ And there'd probably be some fool pull out to pass
In rain, I can often drive a little faster than the SAFE speed of moving traffic simply because I can see better in my TT because I don't have all the road mist coming up on my windshield.
You aren't just above the road mist... you also are high enough so that you can safely pass when the rest of us aren't able to see down the road.

My uncle ran a short haul trucking line for most of his life, daily runs from Boston to southern Maine. One day he got stopped for an unsafe pass... he put the officer in his truck and took him for a ride, making the cop realize that it wasn't unsafe at all.
Just because I can see doesn't make it any easier to stop, so I pick a car that I like the speed of and follow it (at a safe distance).
I do the same in snowstorms, except that it's a tractor-trailer operator who seems to be maintaining a steady, sane speed that I like to get behind . It keeps my right foot in control, and I always get where I'm going. I keep about 528 feet between me and his taillights... easily done on the interstate as all that I have to do is count the markers they put out every 1/20 of a mile. It's not uncommon for me to follow a truck for 20 miles or more.

You obviously are a professional driver and apparently also know how to drive. ;) I've long held that if the rest of us had to pass the test which you did, and meet the requirements you do to keep your license; there would be a lot fewer vehicles... and the roads would be a lot safer place.

/ And there'd probably be some fool pull out to pass #19  
You aren't just above the road mist... you also are high enough so that you can safely pass when the rest of us aren't able to see down the road.

My uncle ran a short haul trucking line for most of his life, daily runs from Boston to southern Maine. One day he got stopped for an unsafe pass... he put the officer in his truck and took him for a ride, making the cop realize that it wasn't unsafe at all.

I do the same in snowstorms, except that it's a tractor-trailer operator who seems to be maintaining a steady, sane speed that I like to get behind . It keeps my right foot in control, and I always get where I'm going. I keep about 528 feet between me and his taillights... easily done on the interstate as all that I have to do is count the markers they put out every 1/20 of a mile. It's not uncommon for me to follow a truck for 20 miles or more.

You obviously are a professional driver and apparently also know how to drive. ;) I've long held that if the rest of us had to pass the test which you did, and meet the requirements you do to keep your license; there would be a lot fewer vehicles... and the roads would be a lot safer place.
Thanks for the compliments! Approaching 4 million mile mark of trying to learn how to drive! This last truck I am driving is a 2020 model, now has 275,000 miles on it and has been in 4 accidents since I started driving it! Two while parked by other semi drivers, one semi driver failed to understand the words "right lane ends" and figured he could get away with "hit and run". Cost him a years suspension of his license. The last was a car making a U-turn on a 6 lane, turned into side of truck below sleeper. Driver got out and tried to open my door.I wasn't aware they hit me, and pulled forward in traffic, but stopped before the trailer tires climbed onto his hood, because he had left car in gear when he got out. He tried again to open my door, then beat on it hard enough for police officer on phone to hear, then took my picture. I stayed in truck till police arrived and away from him! He spoke no English, his son had to interpret for the police. Police said the guy was really ticked off when he found out I wasn't at fault!!!
Have I told you how much I love my job???
David from jax

/ And there'd probably be some fool pull out to pass #20  
I know the feeling but the truth is there is no time out there you are totally in control. That is the reality we tend to forget. I think we take it a little for granted and really driving is the most dangerous thing most of do by far.