And they survived...

/ And they survived... #11  
We all know the reason for most of these changes towards being Sniwflakes. The same reason an ordinary ladder looks like a billboard. Blood sucking lawyers.:eek:

/ And they survived... #12  
We just threw acorns at recess... until somebody almost did lose an eye.
we used to have crab apple wars. Get a long stick, sharpen the end, stab an apple from all the trees around arch back with the stick and
off the apple came. That darn apple flew at incredible speeds flung from those sticks.

Kids would line up on both side and the apple flew. if anyone got hit by a good shot you were out of the game. That weren't the rules you HAD TO LEAVE because you needed to nurse your wounds. many of us had apple explode off out noggin.

Then there was the dirt clod wars. Just like the apple wars, but with big dried mud clods.

/ And they survived... #13  
They were making fun of a guy on the radio the other day who made the claim that face masks did little good, then ended up contracting Covid 19, and died from it. They were absolutely hounding the guy for that, but I was thinking, "how many others have said that, and not gotten it though?"

I have cancer, and so many people have said modern medicine sucks, and suggested alternative medicine, claiming their great aunt was miraculously saved by some crushed up leaf oil or some such nonsense. But my question is, "how many have died that you never heard about?"

It is the Law of Big Numbers; before saying something is safe or not, give me statistics to back it up.

/ And they survived... #14  
Some of my classmates used to tell me about playing war games in the woods. They started out with the usual hand thrown items, then graduated to bb guns. They made a rule; no shooting at epeople above the chest. Then one of the guys got a .22 for Christmas; the rule for that was that they could only shoot over people's heads.

/ And they survived... #15  
We used to have wars with pellet rifles, how stupid is that looking back on it. In all seriousness, it's a wonder we weren't all blind. Not only that, we used to keep a bunch of lead...yes lead...pellets in our mouths so they were easy to get to and the spit lubricated them so the flew faster...Mike

/ And they survived... #16  
we used to have crab apple wars. Get a long stick, sharpen the end, stab an apple from all the trees around arch back with the stick and
off the apple came. That darn apple flew at incredible speeds flung from those sticks.

Kids would line up on both side and the apple flew. if anyone got hit by a good shot you were out of the game. That weren't the rules you HAD TO LEAVE because you needed to nurse your wounds. many of us had apple explode off out noggin.

Then there was the dirt clod wars. Just like the apple wars, but with big dried mud clods.

Dirt clod wars in the "vacant lot" were a big thing our our block. 3-4 groups of kids with forts bombing each other. Great fun until a girl got hit in the head behind her left ear by a clod with a rock in it. BLOOD everywhere. Screaming and crying as we all took her home. She was soaked in blood from head to toe by the time we got her 6-7 houses down to her house. Her mom came out and about passed out on the lawn. Someone else's mom had to take her to the hospital. A bunch of stitches later, and lectures from all the parents and we were all banned from the vacant lot for the rest of the summer.

I'll have to say that was the most blood I've ever seen coming out of a human till I saw someone knick an artery with a box cutter 30 years later. Yikes!

/ And they survived... #17  
We loaded up with bottles on our bicycles and proceeded to throw those bottles at each other. I remember a man giving us holly heck! I think I would loose it if I saw some kids doing that today!.

/ And they survived... #18  
We use to have pop bottle rocket wars. And we were in out early 20s.

/ And they survived... #19  
We use to have pop bottle rocket wars. And we were in out early 20s.

It's all fun and games, until somebody loads up with an M-80! :eek:

/ And they survived... #20  
There was some Coyotee (I think) howling from what sounded like a hundred feet away from the house the other night. Yelling at it (I couldn't see it in the dark as I had been staring into a computer monitor) did no good, so I did my usual and fired a couple of bottle rockets at it. That did the trick. Thought, I would not see the two cats again, but they returned later, no worse for wear.