Another FEL Use.........

/ Another FEL Use......... #11  
Hey, if it was stolen, we want it back. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Another FEL Use......... #12  
Bird:

If the drought continues then then we'll send the dirt back airmail!

Power steering on tractors was invented for dodging rocks in Maine!

/ Another FEL Use......... #13  
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Another FEL Use......... #14  
WHAT DO YOU USE THAT BOX ON THE BACK FOR? COUNTERWEIGHT OR CARRYING TOOLS? ARE YOUE REAR TIRES LOADED? WHATS THE COST ON THOSE BOXES?

/ Another FEL Use.........
Supernug,

I just got my BX1800 a couple weeks ago. The box is the rear ballast box and I believe they are about $150-$175 (I can't remember exactly). I intended to add some gravel, or cinder blocks etc. but when I went to get my cinder blocks the other night, I realized I have the boat trailer blocked up with them for the winter. So still wanting some rear ballast(as recommended by many on this forum many times)I put the one cinder block I had in, and added a couple bags a mulch we had in the shed.

I didn't get my tires loaded, and haven't used it enough yet to decide if that was a good or bad idea. I figured with the rear ballast box, I wouldn't need to and it would be easier for mowing wthout.

Overall, I did have the loader quite full a few times and the rear felt a little light, but I figured I would definately be ok with more weight added once I either put the cinder blocks in or buy some bags of gravel.

As for hauling things around, I really wish the BX had a tool box of some sort. I think I may end up adding one as some others have done.

/ Another FEL Use......... #16  
That's some awsome looking soil you got there. Is that native stuff or enriched with compost or something?.....gotta be compost.....

/ Another FEL Use......... #17  
The rear box, could be insulated and a favorite beverage as well as ice could be added during the hot weather. There are even 4 drain holes that would accomodate melt water......or I guess you gould use it as a tool box. Your call!