Grapple Another grapple project.

/ Another grapple project.
Well I managed to get it on today. Pretty much had the exact same issues as mentioned, the the same solution. A little grinding, notching, and a lot of welding and it was done.

The Hydro part was a snap, I was able to tap into the capped off lines in front of the cab. I do need to work on fastening the hoses down better, the wire ties are not gonna cut it. Anyone know where I can get some hose brackets than I can screw to the loader arms? That is what the loader had in places from the factory and it looks like the best deal, and should not cost much if I can find some.

Attachments

• grapple 001.jpg
    grapple 001.jpg
    687.5 KB · Views: 207
  • grapple 002.jpg
    grapple 002.jpg
    624.9 KB · Views: 195
  • grapple 003.jpg
    grapple 003.jpg
    669.7 KB · Views: 188
   / Another grapple project. #13  
There is one called "The Thumb". Wonder if it has the same issues?

Course, it's also about 435.00 by the time you have it shipped... May have to try to make one.

I have "The Thumb" on my bucket and there is no issues with it. Every mounting is different and takes a little planing. I think Mark corrected a future issue when he exchanged the bolts for the cat 1 pins. You will want to remove the grapple when using the bucket for dirt and the pins make it very easy. Mine is on and off all the time. I think the grapple is the most useful attachment I have.

The mounting looks great. You will onder how you ever got along with out it.

I think I may have been better off running 1/4 inch lines to it, it may shut a little fast. KML, those clamps would work but not quite what I'm looking for. What I had in mind is just a strip of light metal with a curved bend on each end contoured to the hose. Something I coud run a self tapping screw in the middle of and clamp a hose on each side of the screw. I guess I need to look back through some of the pics on here and see what others used. Kind of like using each side of this one to make a seperate clamp. http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/Twin_Support_Clamps_for_Pipe_or_Tubing_p/be-t-parent.htm

Could not find what I wanted for hose hangers locally and did not want to pay $15 in shipping for $10 worth of parts, so I picked up some conduit hangers and some self tapping screws. I think it will work OK, and even look OK with a little paint. Not that I'm too worried about what the Belarus looks like.:)