Another injector failure

/ Another injector failure #1  

Gittyup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739
Well, seems I've joined the ranks of those whose injector pump has failed. Was moving some mulch today, running at about 2000 rpms when suddenly the rpms dropped to 1000. I pressed on the throttle pedal. Nothing happened. I tried the hand throttle. No change. Then it just died. Started it back up right away and in short order it did it again. I saw some dirt in the fuel filter bowl so thought maybe that was it. So, I put in a new filter and cleaned the bowl out thoroughly. Restarted the tractor. Ran for about 5 minutes and started doing it again. Restarted once again and this time the engine Revved to 4000 rpms! I quickly shut off the key switch. Tractor kept on running! So, then I quickly stalled the tractor in high gear. Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper. I'm at 3 years and 1 month, 324 hours.

/ Another injector failure #2  
This is starting to sound like a disturbing trend, I'm glad you got it shut down. What would happen if you had an HST tractor? I remember a runaway diesel on a boat over 20 years ago when I was in the Coast Guard, it's something you'll never forget.

/ Another injector failure #3  
Well,that sounds like it[govenor related??],but not being a mechanic,wouldn't know for sure.

If so,wonder how many this is now? heard of 1 maybe 2 on here?

Wonder if kioti ever addressed this in later models?

Do you use a desil fuel additive? I use power service,[don't know if this would help or hurt],just thinking of the new low sulpher desil and this.

Is this the first time you've changed fuel filter?

One good thing though,it should be a fast repair[take old pump off put new one on],heard on here pump was costly,what was it 1,500 or something? [could do a search but to lazy]. 2 years warrenty believe on that part,

/ Another injector failure
I use power service. The fuel filter maintenance schedule is clean annually or as as needed, replace at 300 hours. That is pretty much what I've done. I'm pretty picky about keeping up with the maintenance. I Keep clean fluids in her and keep her well greased, and replace anything that breaks. I know how to care for equipment and most things I own last for many many years.

It's almost definitely the injector. I think there have been many more failures than we are aware of.

Yeah, it sure would be nice if it had a fuel shutoff knob, like the Euro models do. I guess with HST, you'd have to just quickly jump off, raise the hood, and cut off the fuel.

/ Another injector failure #5  
Gittyup what model do you have?

/ Another injector failure #6  
Gittyup,
To clarify for those who might confuse the injectors, which you refer to in your post's title, as well as the injector pump, which you later mention as the likely faulty item on your tractor- the injector pump is what you are saying is the actual defective item you are currently dealing with, correct? Not just a clogged injector(s).
The injection pump controls delivery to each injector, of which there is one injector per cylinder.
Just out of curiosity, have you checked the linkage arms at the injection pump to make sure there is nothing holding the pump wide open?
I would not try to start your tractor again until you have determined the cause of the problem- you definitely do not want it cranking red line with no way to shut off except for stalling it.
Sorry to hear you are having this problem- sounds like a faulty pump that just gave up.

/ Another injector failure #7  
Be interested in the kioti dealers opinion of this,[the ones that are on this board].

/ Another injector failure #8  
My injector pump just failed on a CK25 at 190 hours, 3 years old and out of warrantee. The good news is that Kioti will replace it up to 5 years or 3000 hours. Ask your dealer to contact Kioti and other than transportation they will pick up the cost for a new pump and installation labor.

/ Another injector failure #9  
Well, seems I've joined the ranks of those whose injector pump has failed. Was moving some mulch today, running at about 2000 rpms when suddenly the rpms dropped to 1000. I pressed on the throttle pedal. Nothing happened. I tried the hand throttle. No change. Then it just died. Started it back up right away and in short order it did it again. I saw some dirt in the fuel filter bowl so thought maybe that was it. So, I put in a new filter and cleaned the bowl out thoroughly. Restarted the tractor. Ran for about 5 minutes and started doing it again. Restarted once again and this time the engine Revved to 4000 rpms! I quickly shut off the key switch. Tractor kept on running! So, then I quickly stalled the tractor in high gear. Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper. I'm at 3 years and 1 month, 324 hours.

Sounds like the overspeed governor failed if it reved to 4K!

/ Another injector failure
I have a CK25 gear. I'm pretty sure it's the injector pump, as it sometimes won't idle and other times runs away. Neither throttle has any effect, when this occurs. Plus I have read other threads on here about this behavior on other CK's.

I did check the linkages. Both are moving freely back and forth as expected, and I keep them clean and lubed.

I like my tractor. It's a beast. I just hope Kioti fixes this. It seems they have been stepping up and making this right. I don't know if the new ones are any more improved or not. Sure seems to be an inherent design issue, perhaps exascerpated by new fuel chemistries (at least I think I read this somewhere). One would think that pumps designed to pump diesel would do so without being prone to attack from the very fuel they are created to move. I've always used fresh diesel from the local Shell station that sells a lot of diesel and has fairly new tanks.

I bought from a distant dealer, but will be trying the closest dealer for repair. The distant dealer is willing to come fix it as long as I pay for travel (fair enough). But, because of the distance, I'm going to see if the local dealer will be a less expensive option. We'll see how they treat me tomorrow, when I call it in.