Another Jinma backhoe thread, sorry. Two questions!

/ Another Jinma backhoe thread, sorry. Two questions! #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
I know this has been beaten to death, and I searched and researched before posting this but just want to verify my finding and have an additional question

1. It seems the general consensus is that the backhoes are relatively simple and reliable, but given the price point do have minor correctable issues. Does this sound fair? I'm not going to get a total piece of junk, but I may have to clean up some hydraulic fluid or tighten some bolts?

Based on what I learned from this, my plan is to set up a small standalone hydraulic system for the backhoe alone with a PTO pump.

2. The big complaint on the 3-point backhoes seems to be that the 3-point is clearly not as strong as a subframe mount, which I'm sure is 100% true. However, in practice, are people really having issues?

My concern is, the forces exerted on the tractor with backhoe use seem pretty simple, based on the small bucket most issues are when the bucket is digging into the ground there is a lifting action. It seems that the 3-point hitch without downforce almost "absorbs" this by limiting digging force to what's acceptable given the weight of the backhoe... not enough weight and the hoe lifts the whole 3 point assembly up?

With the factory loader, the loader subframe connects very substantially to the rear axle, where the ROPS connects as well. It seems extremely simple to build a basic subframe bracket for the backhoe as well, but then I'd be worried about if I accidentally moved the 3-point lift lever or being able to exert more force than needed.

Are lots of people running these without subframes, and tackling "real" projects? Any reported issues?

/ Another Jinma backhoe thread, sorry. Two questions! #2  
Based on what I learned from this, my plan is to set up a small standalone hydraulic system for the backhoe alone with a PTO pump.
I've got a Jinma (Farm Pro) 204 with the three point backhoe attachment. The hydraulic system is self contained, it's own resevoir and pto driven pump. The only comlaints I have about the hydraulics are somewhat minor (depending on your perspective LOL) The torque chains for the pto pump as well as the spring coupling were a pain to connect. I got rid of them and made a mount that slips into the space between the two hitch plates and drop a pin down thru them.

The hoses as well as the fittings are cheap Chinese. I had a hose that had a hole in it not from wear but it was made that way. The fittings are not the best, the threads aren't deep and appear to be rolled rather than cut, mine were #5 jic...barely.
My concern is, the forces exerted on the tractor with backhoe use seem pretty simple, based on the small bucket most issues are when the bucket is digging into the ground there is a lifting action. It seems that the 3-point hitch without downforce almost "absorbs" this by limiting digging force to what's acceptable given the weight of the backhoe... not enough weight and the hoe lifts the whole 3 point assembly up?
It does lift the three point up but that in turn lifts the whole tractor up, by doing that it puts a lot of strain on the weakest point, the bellhousing. I have a loader on mine as well, a Koyker, and it has two 2" x 3/8" pieces of flatbar that connect from the rear axle to the loader mounts on the front. They span the bellhousing and therefore reinforce it somewhat.
As far as real projects... I've used mine quite a bit digging stumps and using it to break up ground so I can move it around, no problems to report as of yet.
The only real complaint, other than what I've just mentioned, is the speed of the swing but I'm used to it now....Mike