Another roof ? How do I get lichens off roof?

/ Another roof ? How do I get lichens off roof? #11  
Up here in Alaska moss is the problem. There is a product called Moss Out that may work on that too. It contains a large amount of Iron.

/ Another roof ? How do I get lichens off roof? #12  
did your south side shingles started to curl and shrink ?

/ Another roof ? How do I get lichens off roof? #13  
Not very practical but cats do a good job...at least on my garage roof on teh north side. Bad winter and I found the cats were using snow drift up there as a latrine. Came spring and no more moss.

/ Another roof ? How do I get lichens off roof? #14  
I've used powdered bleach alternative, mix with hot water to disolve and spray on. Leave on, if heavy moss or lichen, use a push broom, andd reapply. Then hose off. You could use a pressure washer, but human nature will want to do it fast, and close, damaging shingles. Just a hose worked for me.
Works on north side of the house green (mold?) as well.

/ Another roof ? How do I get lichens off roof? #15  
around here very common (and cheap) to use chlorine bleach and water mixture (50/50) in a garden sprayer.
A gentle spray on a sunny day and let dry. May take 2 applications couple weeks apart but green moss dies and simply dries off and blows away.

/ Another roof ? How do I get lichens off roof? #16  
Oxygen bleach I'm guessing is the alternative MTS mentions. I've used it on our last roof, had to manually remove some . Then added a zinc strip- comes on a roll. It kept the roof happy for an extra few years until it had to go.

/ Another roof ? How do I get lichens off roof? #17  
Oxygen bleach I'm guessing is the alternative MTS mentions. I've used it on our last roof, had to manually remove some . Then added a zinc strip- comes on a roll. It kept the roof happy for an extra few years until it had to go.
I also had a zinc strip installed when a new roof was installed on a north facing roof. Has worked for 25 years and keeps moss and lichen from growing. Have only had to manully clean the roof once.

/ Another roof ? How do I get lichens off roof? #18  
Von,

Do a search on google or other search engine for "roof fungicide". There are commercial products out there that will do the job. Since your areas are rather small you might also be able to use bleach but I'm not a proponent of washing large amounts of that into the soil.

Believe there are also some products that can be used to treat an area to help deter fungus growth.
Lichens are not fungus. He needs to determine exactly what the growth is.

/ Another roof ? How do I get lichens off roof? #19  
Copper wire strung just under the ridge cap has worked for me ......

/ Another roof ? How do I get lichens off roof? #20  
Lichens are not fungus. He needs to determine exactly what the growth is.
Lichens are a complex life form that is a symbiotic partnership of two separate organisms, a fungus and an alga