another thermosyphon engine

/ another thermosyphon engine #11  
Soundguy,

I had a '53 Farmall Cub that I discovered was thermosyphon. Seems to be a good system.

As regards the water conditioner, sounds like a good idea. I've read on another forum some time ago that soap will cause water to adhere more closely to the radiator tubing resulting in a more efficient dispersal of heat. Haven't tried it.

Its interesting reading of heating and overheating problems on these Yanmars. I've kept the idiot light on my 1500. Working, albeith moderately, in 100 plus temps, I've not had a problem. I keep an 80/20 solution of water/antifreeze since we haven't had even a good frost in six or seven years.

Bob

/ another thermosyphon engine
I agree with gbkirby's reason for profile info. Many of the questions that get asked may get different answers based on geography. For instance if a person asks a question as to where to get 'X' product, their geography is going to dictate what store is recomended... For instance... if this was 10 years ago, and you wanted to know about a food shopping store... I could say publix... but then if yuo were in alaska... you might not have a publix.. as they started in the southeast, then moved up and out... Same difference... here in the south we have Kmart stores... up north you find Krogers... all a question of geography. Regional marketing plays a big role too. Highly agricultural areas have stores that cater to those needs.. for instance, in farm / agricultural areas, Wall-marts carry some gl-1 90wt mineral gear oils ( old tractor hyds/rear end ) that many 'city' area stores don't.

Same reason why barbq means two different things depending on if you are inthe north or south.. same with iced tea, and also try to find grits north of the mason dixon line.... regional marketed items...

Soundguy

/ another thermosyphon engine
I've never had my ym1700 or this cub overheat.. though my NH 1920 almost did one time.. the needle went right to the beginning edge of the red when working in tall brush and the radiator got plugged.

Soundguy

/ another thermosyphon engine #14  
See, the thing is, my profile tells where I am located. Haven't changed it from the day I signed up. It was there when I originally posted my question. Maybe I'm missing something. Don't really know where 5030 is coming from. Guess my profile isn't detailed enough for him.

/ another thermosyphon engine #15  
Soundguy- It is kind of interesting how all this geographical marketing stuff works. I've never seen a Publix or Kroger, but here in the Pacific NW we do have Kmart. Walmart is EVERYWHERE! Iced tea can be found, but not as easily as iced coffee. As for grits, I can run to Safeway and buy a box, but why on earth would I want to !?! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ another thermosyphon engine #16  
I was thinking the same thing. I thought, "how dare that guy post something without a profile" /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif, so I checked, and there it was. I'm a little slow, being from Tennessee, but I'm still trying to figure out what was "kinky" about your post.

/ another thermosyphon engine #17  
I am from Ohio, before I moved south. That is the way I thought about grits too. That is till I tryed them. Man you put a lot of butter or sauage grease on them, and are they ever good. My mother is dead now, but the first time I got her to try them she lived in Michigan at the time, and she said ain't that something, I just knew I would't like them, and they are great. She thought they would taste like hominy, because they are hominy grits, which she didn't like, but they don't. She even said, to think, I didn't taste them in all these years, I didn't know what I was missing.

/ another thermosyphon engine #18  
Chris,
Grits is a staple at Waffle House here in Ohio.........luv 'em /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We have no Publix, but plenty of Krogers, K-Mart (but not many of the K's with grocery). Now Giant Eagle is coming in strong.

Jerry

/ another thermosyphon engine #19  
User Profile

I just went out and checked and my user profile is up to date. I didn't post my email address because I am not supposed to be doing this personal stuff in the office. Not sure why my info isn't sufficient. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ another thermosyphon engine #20  
Jack:

When I first clicked on your profile it came up blank. I see it's now filled in. I wasn't trying to be clever, just curious.