Anti-theft device for L2501 Kubota

/ Anti-theft device for L2501 Kubota #1  

TBone

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L-2501 HST
My tractor shed is located on some rural property several miles from my house. It's way back off the road but there are two neighbor's houses within site so I don't think thieves will waste a lot of time or make a ton of racket if they try to steal my tractor. My equipment trailer is parked nearby and would be convenient for them to haul it away if they get it started. Any ideas on a circuit that I can splice into and put a hidden switch that would prevent my tractor from starting? Not foolproof by any means but it would slow them down and maybe get noticed if they spend much time looking for it. THANKS.

/ Anti-theft device for L2501 Kubota #2  
Pull the fuse for the fuel shut off solenoid or put an hidden switch somewhere in this circuit. That way they will crank and crank without starting, till the battery dies and hopefully they go away. Maybe the neighbors will heard the engine cranking too.

/ Anti-theft device for L2501 Kubota #3  
De-tune or otherwise ensure the seat safety won’t let it drive without killing the engine.

Just take the battery when you leave.

Apple tag on it.

Put a cap over the air intake inside the handler.

About a million things you can do. Just need to consider worst case the damage that will be done to the tractor or anything else in the area. There is nothing theft proof, it’s just how bad do they want it.

/ Anti-theft device for L2501 Kubota #4  
I don't use any anti theft devices on my tractor, although I do keep my stuff out of sight when possible. Since you mention a trailer also, maybe consider a case hardened 1/2" chain to connect the tractor to the trailer (not with the tractor loaded on the trailer).
I believe they are bolt cutter proof, but still susceptible to an angle grinder.

/ Anti-theft device for L2501 Kubota #5  
The best theft prevention I have found is good insurance coverage.
A competent thief will bring a lock pick set or grinder for any locks. Trailer and winch will load the tractor without needing to start it.

/ Anti-theft device for L2501 Kubota #7  
Dealer that closed near us used to pull two certain fuses on all his tractors on the lot, no way they would start unless you popped them back in. An Air Tag would work.

/ Anti-theft device for L2501 Kubota #8  
Dealer that closed near us used to pull two certain fuses on all his tractors on the lot, no way they would start unless you popped them back in. An Air Tag would work.
If I was coming to steal your tractor I would have a flatbed truck/trailer with a hydraulic winch. I would be wearing my yellow hard hat and hi-viz safety vest. I wouldn't even bother trying to start your tractor because it would already be on my bed and I would be chaining it up ready to drive away in under 5 minutes.

My local tractor dealerships tend to park equipment close together in rows making it hard to drag out a particular machine.

If I was in the stealing business I wouldn't want to steal a tractor I didn't know existed.

/ Anti-theft device for L2501 Kubota #9  
I used to pull the 40 amp fuse... ideally, replacing that 40 amp fuse with one that's been blown, would be even better

/ Anti-theft device for L2501 Kubota #10  
You can do some experimenting....unplug a safety switch. Like the seat switch, PTO switch, HST switch, etc.

Most of these tractors need the switches to be closed to start....meaning the wires of said switch needs to be connected VIA the switch. Unplugging the electrial connection means this cannot happen.

And the best part is......you wont drive all the way out there and realize you forgot the fuses you pulled.