Antifreeze leak at temperature blend valve

/ Antifreeze leak at temperature blend valve #1  

Looking4new

Tractor
2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab
I seem to have developed an anti-freeze leak at the valve you use to select either hot air or none on my factory CK27 cab.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to remedy it?

/ Antifreeze leak at temperature blend valve #2  
Sounds like you may need a new valve. Is it under warranty?

/ Antifreeze leak at temperature blend valve
It has been replaced once already under warranty.
I am thinking that I can either live with the leak or take the valve out and plumb the line directly into the heater core, then in the spring put a ball valve in the line lower down. OR I could put a ball valve in where the original blend valve is now.

/ Antifreeze leak at temperature blend valve #4  
If already replaced what seems to be the weak point of the valve(s)? Seems if two have leaked they're just replacing it with another faulty designed valve, no?

The valve is just plastic. The only metal appears to be the screw that holds the knob on. I am going to replace it with a ball valve mounted lower down on the heater hose in the warmer weather and be done with it.

/ Antifreeze leak at temperature blend valve #6  
If it's only a seep, it may seal itself. We had a tiny tiny seep from the temperature control valve on our 240D. Never worked on it, and it eventually sealed up.

Ralph

I checked it out yesterday and will be doing some blowing today, so will check it out again and so far (touch wood) it is not leaking.
I just came back in from blowing and the valve is NOT leaking, so maybe it will hold out until spring. I have to take the roof off in spring anyway for another project.

Last edited:
   / Antifreeze leak at temperature blend valve #8  
I had the same issue. I tightened the pants off the screw and I thought that helped. But not long after it came back. Then I pulled out the radio and tightened the Center nut on the valve through the radio hole. I believe it was a 14mm. Hope this helps. Mine was getting really bad and is stopped now.

/ Antifreeze leak at temperature blend valve #9  
I seem to have developed an anti-freeze leak at the valve you use to select either hot air or none on my factory CK27 cab.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to remedy it?

I had (I may still have) this problem on my DK45. Dealer replaced it once and came back for a second try but I still get the odd whiff of anti freeze.

So far it is not leaking. I'm still going to put a union on the line in the spring and mount a ball valve outside down lower where the line goes up.The dealers' mechanic suggested that.