Grapple Anudder Grapple

/ Anudder Grapple #1  

mikim

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC45
New toys are great /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Here is proof (to my wife anyway) that the only difference between men & boys is the price of their toys. Just as soon as I got it mounted - the first thing I did was take it apart /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif .... but I don't have hydraulics to it yet and those grapple tines were gonna be in the way this day. You can see the bucket on the ground there - no QA ... grapple is QA ... got some more modifying to do.

Attachments

• 837930-new-toy3.jpg
    837930-new-toy3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 749
   / Anudder Grapple
Had some clearing to do and some root diggin' ... the bottom tines on this root grapple worked like a charm /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I've been using my old bucket with a toothbar ... but after digging in the length of the teeth - then the bucket edge hits and now I'm digging with it. Makes it harder to reach those roots and pop 'em up. With this thing - the teeth go down about 12" - pops up all those yaupon by the root and doesn't dig a big hole doin' it. It's Great! Here's a shot of a path I cut for the water truck to reach the creek for my new well getting drilled in a few weeks. --- about 150' - 200' and cleared in 1 1/2 hr. -- amazing to me .... I'm really really happy with this new toy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 837940-water-truck-rd2.jpg
    837940-water-truck-rd2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 592
   / Anudder Grapple
Some info -- It's a 63" HD grapple from rootgrapple.com -- found it on TBN of course .. you can go there to check out it's specs & price. When I ordered it - the guy said "well, we'll have to make it - how's a ship date of next week?" Very happy with their service and the product is top notch. With shipping it came to $1740 - I picked it up at the freight terminal. (no way to unload it here in town) It weighs 700 lbs - so is not a light-weight. But all that weight serves me quite well when I'm hitting those brushy trees like I do. I hope to get hydraulic hoses run to the grapple part this week. -- On the QA .. I got one from NH for $389 ... when I bought this tractor the salesman told me that NH didn't have a universal QA - but they'd sell me one that fit NH equipment only....I passed.... now they've gotten smarter I guess. I also bought a QA plate to weld to the old bucket -- from quality welding -- once again found here on TBN, for $99 ..... now I just need to get after it.

/ Anudder Grapple #4  
Mike,
Looks like you are putting it to good use already. I hadn't seen that site where you bought it before, but will check it out.

/ Anudder Grapple #5  
Mike neat looking grapple. Looks like it's doing a fine job for your needs. You're gonna love that QA too.

I would watch out for the ROPS police though.

/ Anudder Grapple
<font color="blue"> I would watch out for the ROPS police though </font> yeah I know ... all I would ask is that they come to my place - go out there where I work the tractor - with the rops up ----- and I guarantee in 5 minutes they'd be putting it down. It's a whole lot of fun watching the front of the tractor go airborne because a limb has caught the rops /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif.....NOT.

/ Anudder Grapple #7  
Hot diggity! Mikey has a new toy. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

...but don't give up on that toothbar. The first time you wedge a small tree good and tight between your tines, you'll go back to the bucket and toothbar for that kind of work. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

How do you like being able to actually look down and see exactly where those tines are going? That's one of the things I like most about my rock bucket: visibity. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Anudder Grapple
It's absolutely fantastic /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif those wedge shaped teeth on the front digs those yaupons up like popping a pimple. The bottom of the tines are slightly curved so that when running it "flat" they kinda point up ... but it helps when after shoving them down then curling back - they act like a fulcrum. I went with a weld on plate for my old bucket for 2 reasons. 1. it's a lot cheaper and 2. you had said that if you had to do it over you might go with the weld on instead of a pin on 'cause the pin on sticks the bucket out there a ways -- and I didn't think I'd like that. I am going to lose my jinman hooks though. I'll have to figure out a fix for that.

/ Anudder Grapple #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am going to lose my jinman hooks though. I'll have to figure out a fix for that. )</font>

Sounds like something you could take with you to the welder who is doin' your plate. He can probably tack them pretty much anywhere you want them. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Anudder Grapple
<font color="blue"> to the welder who is doin' your plate </font> That may be giving me a whole lot more credit than what's due. Wharv is a welder ..... I'm more of a stickit, globit kinda guy. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif..... If it turns out too bad ... or if I feel over my head ... then it may go to a real welder ... but I'm gonna try it myself to start. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif