Any ammo experts?

/ Any ammo experts? #21  
Yes, watch out for any site that only allows zelle and other such payment types. They are all scams. The shortages has resulted in a lot of profiteering and some have decided that "selling" product they don't have makes the most sense to maximize profits. Don't be tempted.

I haven't shot any of your preferred load but do see Barnes mentioned quite a few times on here. Lately I have been using Barnes TSX in my 300 blackout with fantastic results over about 30-40 pigs and deer, including some very large boar. The blackout is a lot less demanding than a 25-06, so this information may not be completely relevant to your situation. But if you decide to try a box of ammo loaded with Barnes since you are limited by what is available, my opinion is that you will likely find decent terminal performance.

/ Any ammo experts?
I have decided to try the Hornady Precision Hunter ELD-X 110 grain. I called an old friend who sells lots of ammo at his store, and this is what he recommended. I also have another friend who is a bit of an ammo expert, and he gave me a box of this same load a year or so ago. I'm going to take his box to the range and see how it does there.

It seems to be available at some of the online sellers.

I appreciate all the input from everyone here. I will post results after I go to the range.

Thanks.

/ Any ammo experts?
Well...I made it to the range today, and I am disappointed. The Hornady ELD-X did not perform well. I will not be switching to that round.

I did have an old box of Hornady Interlock 117 gr. BTSP that someone gave me. I tried these and was able to get a couple of good 3-shot groups. When I got back to my computer to order some of these, it looks like they are not available either. From what I can tell, Hornady has discontinued this round and upgraded it to either the American Whitetail round or the Superformance Round.

The Hornady item number on the box I have is 8145.
The Hornady item number on the American Whitetail round is 8144.
The Hornady item number on the Superformance round is 81453.

Still not sure what I'm going to go with. I'll probably just go with the few Winchester Ballistic Silvertip and the Hornady Interlock that I have left for this year, and keep looking for next year.

/ Any ammo experts?
I ended up getting 2 boxes of the Hornady Superformance 117 grain. I put the gun on a shooting bench over the weekend and got about a 1" group at 100 yards. I have not taken any animals with it yet, but I think this will be my ammo for the future.

/ Any ammo experts? #26  
100 yards is chump change. Take it out (of it's a rifle) to at least 200 yards and see how it groups. I haven't bought any commercial ammunition in years. I roll all my own.

/ Any ammo experts?
100 yards is chump change. Take it out (of it's a rifle) to at least 200 yards and see how it groups. I haven't bought any commercial ammunition in years. I roll all my own.
I rarely have the opportunity to shoot anything beyond 100 yards or so. And, I shoot maybe 10-15 rounds a year, so I don't want to invest in loading equipment. The 2 boxes I purchased should last me 4 or 5 years. I don't know how many more years I will be hunting. I'm 62 and one friend I hunt with is 85 and the other is 65. When they are gone, I won't really have a place to hunt.

/ Any ammo experts? #28  
Hornady Superformance is a great round. And 1 inch at 100 is minute of angle, which is also minute of dead deer. For factory loads at that price, with your rifles, I don't think you would get any better. As for the ballistics of the 117gr SST bullet, that thing will drop deer dead in their tracks with a well placed shot.

/ Any ammo experts? #29  
I rarely have the opportunity to shoot anything beyond 100 yards or so. And, I shoot maybe 10-15 rounds a year, so I don't want to invest in loading equipment. The 2 boxes I purchased should last me 4 or 5 years. I don't know how many more years I will be hunting. I'm 62 and one friend I hunt with is 85 and the other is 65. When they are gone, I won't really have a place to hunt.
You are a kid yet. I'm 73 and I still hunt.