Any bourbon aficionados here?

/ Any bourbon aficionados here?
I have liked Buffalo Trace for some time. Good bourbon for the price. But it is hard to find locally.

EC Taylor is quite tasty.
The 1792 is pretty good. Makers is too wheatie tasting for me. But I do have a couple on the shelf. Lol

/ Any bourbon aficionados here? #13  
You can spoil even the best bourbons with ice made with crappy water...or by using crappy water...
Bourbon and branch...!

/ Any bourbon aficionados here? #14  
I'm not much of a whiskey drinker, but a friend of mine who is a rice farmer started making vodka then whiskey with the rice he grows.

I really like it and it's getting some really good reviews. Check it out here. It's probably only available in Louisiana and maybe a few surrounding states.

I'm not much of a whiskey drinker, but a friend of mine who is a rice farmer started making vodka then whiskey with the rice he grows.

I really like it and it's getting some really good reviews. Check it out here. It's probably only available in Louisiana and maybe a few surrounding states.

If Meleck gives it a thumbs up, your friend is doing something right. 👍

/ Any bourbon aficionados here? #16  
You are too far away for a visit, but the new Virginia Distillery (Virginia Distillery Co.: Home) has several outstanding bourbons. They aren't cheap, but they are some of the best I've had in years. Good deep, rich flavor. I have liked Wild Turkey 101 for years, and they are still pretty decent for a good bourbon and branch - or neat. But the VD Courage and Conviction single malt bourbons are for special occasions. Check them out. They ship to more than 35 states if you order off their website.

You are too far away for a visit, but the new Virginia Distillery (Virginia Distillery Co.: Home) has several outstanding bourbons. They aren't cheap, but they are some of the best I've had in years. Good deep, rich flavor. I have liked Wild Turkey 101 for years, and they are still pretty decent for a good bourbon and branch - or neat. But the VD Courage and Conviction single malt bourbons are for special occasions. Check them out. They ship to more than 35 states if you order off their website.
Thanks! I'll check them out.

/ Any bourbon aficionados here? #18  
Garrison Brothers is a good one. Comes from Texas. A little pricey.

Woodford Reserve - my go to.

Makers Mark - my old go to.

Ice? We don’t need no stinkin’ ice! ;)

/ Any bourbon aficionados here? #20  
For the last couple of years I've been buying different bourbons and the price to taste difference is all over the page.

Age makes a difference, mash bill makes a difference and proof makes a huge difference.

Like wine, a distillery can put out a very good bourbon one year and it fails to deliver the same quality the next year.

Whats your go to bourbon? Your impress your guest bourbon and your special occasions bourbon?

So far this year for me in order is Wild Turkey101, Michters straight bourbon and MB Rowland straight, unfiltered bourbon.
I agree with you, it's hard to beat Wild Turkey 101.