Any bourbon aficionados here?

/ Any bourbon aficionados here?
Garrison Brothers is a good one. Comes from Texas. A little pricey.

Woodford Reserve - my go to.

Makers Mark - my old go to.

Ice? We don’t need no stinkin’ ice! ;)
The MBRowland is better on ice. To me, it's harsh straight but ice mellows it.

/ Any bourbon aficionados here? #22  
my everday is EVAN WILLIAMS either Black label or 100 proof White label.
better than Jack Daniels.
I like Woodford any of their blends is good. Makers Mark, and several Local (rochester NY) distillers, Black Button, Iron Smoke among the better ones.
Straight, on the rocks, with a splash, all good.

/ Any bourbon aficionados here? #23  
Makers Mark or Old Forester 100 proof. I had an opportunity to visit both distilleries and do tastings in Kentucky a few years ago. A very interesting and fun visit. I also visited Angels Envy distillery and did a tasting. Very smooth, but not cheap. There are lots of great bourbons.

/ Any bourbon aficionados here? #24  
I've always enjoyed Buffalo Trace for a daily sipping bourbon. For something nicer, Old Forester has put out a couple of fine bourbons. Old Forester 1910 has some nice deep tones.

A couple of years ago, I did a big job that went well in KY and bought a bottle at the Blue Grass Airport, Lexington KY based on the purveyor's recommendation. It was an 18 year old barrel proof and was $125/bottle. The dang best stuff I've ever tasted.

/ Any bourbon aficionados here? #25  
All the exotic brand you guys mention. The ONLY ones I've seen in our area - JD and Wild Turkey. Most of what you guys drink never makes it across the Rockies. My friend bought a bottle of locally made wheat whiskey. Tasted like lightly flavored rubbing alcohol.

Looooong time ago. A gal from Tennessee brought back Mason jars of moonshine. It was pretty good. Had to watch out though - it had a kick that would knock you right down on your butt. Kind of like - super octane Wild Turkey.

/ Any bourbon aficionados here? #26  
Years ago, a friend of a friend would go to a trail ride in Georgia about once a year. He would bring back some moonshine supposedly made by a 90 year old man.

It was easily the best alcoholic beverage I have ever tasted. After the first taste, I would give him cash and tell him to bring me back as much as he could get.

We haven't been able to get any in a few years.

/ Any bourbon aficionados here?
All the exotic brand you guys mention. The ONLY ones I've seen in our area - JD and Wild Turkey. Most of what you guys drink never makes it across the Rockies. My friend bought a bottle of locally made wheat whiskey. Tasted like lightly flavored rubbing alcohol.

Looooong time ago. A gal from Tennessee brought back Mason jars of moonshine. It was pretty good. Had to watch out though - it had a kick that would knock you right down on your butt. Kind of like - super octane Wild Turkey.
Years ago a co worker from Kentucky said he'd bring me back some "shine" from his uncles when he went back to visit family.

I was a little hesitant when he handed me a little mason jar of it and wanted me to taste it. To my surprise, it wasn't that bad once you got past the burn. Lol

/ Any bourbon aficionados here? #28  
I like Angel's Envy, aged in Port? barrels, which adds a Port note. Woodford Reserve, Makers when mixed.
I hate getting an Old Fashioned with cube ice. Diluted way too quickly. I bought a large cube maker, round actually, the size of a tennis ball. Very slow melting.
Price isn't a good indicater of quality.
I like to go to distillery tastings, cheap investment before buying. And I usually learn something along the way...

/ Any bourbon aficionados here? #29  
A .75L bottle of Seagram's 7 will last me about 6-8 months so I'm not a big drinker. I just like having a sip or two on some evenings. I missed it when I was on a particular medication after my new heart valve. I wasn't even allowed to look at alcohol. :ROFLMAO:

I never have been a drinker even after I turned 21. I could always find better things to spend money on. Girls were expensive enough.

/ Any bourbon aficionados here? #30  
I like Angel's Envy, aged in Port? barrels, which adds a Port note. Woodford Reserve, Makers when mixed.
I hate getting an Old Fashioned with cube ice. Diluted way too quickly. I bought a large cube maker, round actually, the size of a tennis ball. Very slow melting.
Price isn't a good indicater of quality.
I like to go to distillery tastings, cheap investment before buying. And I usually learn something along the way...
When I visited the capital of bourbon (Louisville) I noticed that all the bourbon cocktails were made with those large round ice cubes, and old fashioneds were the go-to drink everywhere. The standard bourbon used was Old Forester. Of course, mint juleps are the drink of the Kentucky Derby, but those aren’t to my taste.