Any CPAP users?

/ Any CPAP users? #11  
I used to use one and could not adjust. I now have a mouth piece made by my dentist that pulls my jaw slightly forward while I sleep. It helps. No noisy machine and no hose. Please consider this.

/ Any CPAP users? #12  
I've had CPAP for about 15 yrs, on third machine and use my former machine if we travel. I've been through several masks, trying to find one that works for me and finally settled on the ResMed Comfort Gel. As mentioned in a previous post, it is a good idea to change the mask at recommended intervals, they're sorta like shocks on a car, don't notice them deteriorating till you get a new one. Stick with it till it works, no harder for me than getting used to glasses. Good luck and I think you will definitely notice a difference in how you feel through the day.

/ Any CPAP users? #13  
One of my best friends needs one and has tried the nasal type. It didn't work for him and you can tell he is tired most of the time after stopping. I feel sorry for those of you that need the treatment, it seems to be a hard thing to deal with or without.

MarkV

/ Any CPAP users? #14  
Besides marrying my wife (42 years ago), one of the best things I ever did was to get the CPAP:thumbsup:

/ Any CPAP users? #15  
Been on one for almost 3 years now. The nose mask works well for me and wasn't too hard to adjust to.

I want to check out the dental device they claim works. It would be good for camping when power isn't available IF it works. Otherwise, the great outdoors isn't too peaceful with this bear growling...

That's why I bring a marine battery with inverter along with an air mattress when camping :)

Dave

/ Any CPAP users? #16  
Been on one for almost 3 years now. The nose mask works well for me and wasn't too hard to adjust to.

I want to check out the dental device they claim works. It would be good for camping when power isn't available IF it works. Otherwise, the great outdoors isn't too peaceful with this bear growling...

I had a sleep study done using the dental device and it works. This was made by a dentist and not one I bought as seen on TV.

/ Any CPAP users? #18  
I am one of the few people who actually felt worse after using the machine. I tried several different masks with no luck. The pressure blew my mouth open using the nose piece. The full face fixed that problem but I felt more tired when using it than not.

I have an appointment with a Dentist that is going to fit me with a mouth piece next week. I really hope that works. I am currently kicked out of the bedroom until I can quite down my snoring.

/ Any CPAP users? #19  
I am one of the few people who actually felt worse after using the machine. I tried several different masks with no luck. The pressure blew my mouth open using the nose piece. The full face fixed that problem but I felt more tired when using it than not.

I have an appointment with a Dentist that is going to fit me with a mouth piece next week. I really hope that works. I am currently kicked out of the bedroom until I can quite down my snoring.

I haven't tried one of those devices, but was wondering what happens if your mouth comes open when you're asleep, do you have to wear a chinstrap with those?

/ Any CPAP users? #20  
I hate mine but won't sleep without it. Much better all around health , fewer colds, more alert, cheery disposition and fewer gasping snores to annoy Mrs B&D.
I'm fortunate that the nose piece is enough instead of the full face mask.