Any experiences with the Task Master Trojan?

/ Any experiences with the Task Master Trojan? #1  

William_in_NY

I saw a TM432D by the road up by Watertown NY ... comes with FEL and BH for about $18k. Seems to be a lot of tractor for the money, but then I am not experienced with tractors. Will be clearing most of 50 acres with it as well as burying utility lines and digging leach fields with it. Probably need to put in culverts and build some ponds, too. After that is all done, will be mowing and snow-plowing with it.

The machine is Chinese, 4WD and has a 3 cylinder 32HP diesel.

I'd like your comments on this tractor brand ... I think they have been imported for about 6 years now but Google did not turn up much on them.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

William

/ Any experiences with the Task Master Trojan? #2  
You should post this down at the Chinese forum, but keep in mind that a major purchase like this is very risky, since parts and service are often weak, and resale would be very low. I would be more comfortable taking that same money and searching for a clean used main line tractor.

/ Any experiences with the Task Master Trojan? #3  
He's right about getting this thread out of "the mainstream". Even though compact and utility "mainline" tractors are now primarily constructed of Asian parts, the owners of same still look down their noses at Chinese tractors.

That said, TaskMaster is (currently) a relabeled DongFeng. And the Trojan is that retailers name for the 32hp version. That should give you quite a few keywords to stick in the search engines. Avenger is one of their alternate names as well. TM/DF has been discussed quite often here, and in competing Chinese tractor forums. Quite a few dealer websites too.

//greg//

/ Any experiences with the Task Master Trojan? #4  
Taskmaster has been around for awhile, but they have sold numerous chinese brands, including Jinma. Currently, like Greg said, I believe all their Taskmaster offerings are based on DF tractors. Their website use to and may still have allot of marketing hype on it. Specificlly it has been discussed on the boards about some of the claims of being "superior" to other chinese tractors. I wouldn't recommend putting much faith in those claims, and look at all possible tractor options in your area, and form your own opinion. Spend as much time with your local dealer and research its local reputation, in helping you decide. The dealer/assembler makes a big difference with chinese tractors.

As far as the FEL and hoe, would need to know the maker and model. "In general", the USA built ones are better than the chinese built implements. Not that the chinese ones are "bad", but expect to be doing more maintenance and possible modifications to them.

Outside of "yard ponds", coi, goldfish, etc, a tractor/hoe is not the right tool for the job. Ponds a quarter acre and above, are for the large dozers.