Any feedback on 1726EHL??

/ Any feedback on 1726EHL?? #1  

woody49705

Bronze Member
Tractor
07' GC2310 TLB
Hey everybody just looking foor any feedback on the massey 1726E tractor. i currently have a GC2310 that i will be trading in and want to upsize a bit. I really am not finding much info at all on here so thought I would ask. This site helped me make all my decisions on buying the 2310 but is time to go a tad larger.

woody

/ Any feedback on 1726EHL?? #2  
I have had my 1734E about a year and a half now with no problems. We have been really happy with its performance. If I was to have done anything different I think I should have gone with ago tires rather than R4s. I have made a couple of minor modifications, I moved the rear lights to the inside of the ROPS, and had my neighbor weld chain hooks to the FEL bucket. I use it primarily for brush hogging, tilling and general use around the place. It replaced an 8N that I had had for about thirty years, the new tractor is certainly a lot easier to use and operate.

/ Any feedback on 1726EHL??
I have had my 1734E about a year and a half now with no problems. We have been really happy with its performance. If I was to have done anything different I think I should have gone with ago tires rather than R4s. I have made a couple of minor modifications, I moved the rear lights to the inside of the ROPS, and had my neighbor weld chain hooks to the FEL bucket. I use it primarily for brush hogging, tilling and general use around the place. It replaced an 8N that I had had for about thirty years, the new tractor is certainly a lot easier to use and operate.

Thanks for the feedback mapper !! Do you have the CB75 backhoe for it?

/ Any feedback on 1726EHL?? #4  
No backhoe, could not justify the cost since I don't have much need for one. I also have several neighbors who have full size backhoes and will happily do small projects for fuel or a fifth of good whisky.

/ Any feedback on 1726EHL?? #5  
I have a hard time understading why the 1734e and 1726e don't offer a middle pto.

It seems strange that a mmm is not possible and I don't understand how a front mount snowblower is possible either.

The 1500 series is gone but that offered a middle pto as does the gc1700 series. With many positives to the 1700 series . . It seems a real "miss" in massey's strategy.

/ Any feedback on 1726EHL?? #6  
I also looked into the mmm your tslking about axle. The underbody of the 1734e was all armor that i saw. No loose lines or cables. Ony point i saw was the front control arms could be hit by something. ground clearance is huge and i domt see anything hitting underneath it. Kimda weird for a rear snowmthrower lol.

/ Any feedback on 1726EHL?? #7  
The 1700E series in mean to be an "economy model", which probably explains why they don't offer a mid pto. For comparison they are competing with the Kubota L series, which don't offer a mid pto either.

The 1500 series had 3 or 4 frame sizes. The mid pto was standard on the small, optional on the mid size, and not available of the large.

You can get a front blower on a machine without a mid pto. You either run a hydraulic blower, or buy a rear-to-front pto model. It just adds more cost...

/ Any feedback on 1726EHL?? #8  
One thing often overlooked is the 1726E does not require Diesel Particulate Filter. Same Physical Size as 1734E or 1739E.

1700 E Series have been very reliable product for us and sold several of them. We actually sold the 1st in North America and has been a great addition to the lineup. Fits many owner budget and allows them to afford a new tractor versus looking for used.