any GC owner WITHOUT a backhoe using pats hitches with mid-mower? stowage questions.

/ any GC owner WITHOUT a backhoe using pats hitches with mid-mower? stowage questions. #1  

Dmacleo

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 MF GC2400 Owner, 2012 MF1532 User
short of removing the pats hitch I cannot see any way to stow the lift arms, extra weight is just too much.
so looks like I'll just make sure to be careful when backing up when deck lowered.
debated disconnect raise arms and strapping implement arms up off the roll bar, have not had chance to test that yet.

/ any GC owner WITHOUT a backhoe using pats hitches with mid-mower? stowage questions. #2  
Just remove the lifting arms altogether. It's just two top bolts and a 14mm keeping the lower center link pin in place.

/ any GC owner WITHOUT a backhoe using pats hitches with mid-mower? stowage questions.
Just remove the lifting arms altogether. It's just two top bolts and a 14mm keeping the lower center link pin in place.
debated that but I have to move trailers around a lot. usually at least every 2 days.
sometimes couple thousand feet up the town road so bucket ball won't work really.
damned no matter what I guess LOL.

edit: forgot that tiller will be used prob once a week in 3 gardens so I guess no way to get away disconnecting.

/ any GC owner WITHOUT a backhoe using pats hitches with mid-mower? stowage questions. #4  
A strong rubber bungee won't hold them up? How heavy are they?

/ any GC owner WITHOUT a backhoe using pats hitches with mid-mower? stowage questions.
adds about 12lbs each side, does not sound like a lot but its leveraged 3 inches out more.

ok can use 2 shorter bungee cords tie each arm up alone.
so that looks ok right now.
now issue is adjustable lift link likes to catch on stuff when raising, if not the 2 arms on each side then the area it turns square for the pins to go through.
I never had chance to look at this last year as I got unit in october so only had one mowing.
think my biggest issue is I have no diagram/instructions on how to position/stow like backhoe manuals do.
iirc lift arms sit into slots on the cover plate over pto shaft and lift links rast on outside of them correct?

Last edited:
   / any GC owner WITHOUT a backhoe using pats hitches with mid-mower? stowage questions. #7  
I removed my steel PTO cover to have more room.

I removed my steel PTO cover to have more room.
that may be option, guess tomorrow I'll run and look at new 1723 with hoe to see how all this is orientated. honestly I am just guessing at how the arms stow.

/ any GC owner WITHOUT a backhoe using pats hitches with mid-mower? stowage questions. #9  
You could raise 3PH to top and use "check chains" or "stay chains" to keep it there.... Also find chains useful to keep tool holders and ballast box from drifting down when concentrating more on FEL work......

mower-deck-stabilizer-kit-103201_4tm9ymmj5v5s.jpg

limitchains01-jpg.27698

Last edited:
   / any GC owner WITHOUT a backhoe using pats hitches with mid-mower? stowage questions. #10  
Yeah. The guy my friend bought his GC from has it like that. Looks silly. Kinda like you've got a big steel boner when using the backhoe.