Any of you air fry in your oven?

/ Any of you air fry in your oven? #1  

tomplum

Elite Member
Tractor
XJ2025H
I recall an air fry thread a while back, so it seems that just about all would have more air fry experience than me. We have this new oven that you can air fry in. Our first air fry experience was dismal, and I'm sure that the the issues were mostly because we didn't brush oil on stuff first. Did some walleye and veggies, that sort of thing. We used our regular fryer basket and a mesh basket thing- neither of which was meant for this. They held on to the breading nicely... Tricks and tips anyone?

/ Any of you air fry in your oven? #2  
I went this route instead. Heart disease > dementia

I tried the frozen SeaPak shrimp egg rolls and they were outstanding!

IMG_2322.JPG

/ Any of you air fry in your oven? #3  
We have a Ninja brand dedicated air fryer.

Air fryers are convection oven technology marketed in a new way.

It is important to lightly coat ingredients with some form of liquid fat before placing in the oven. Also important to fully pre-heat the appliance.

Without fat, ingredients steam, rather than "fry".

We particularly enjoy french-fry cut potatoes and bone-in chicken breasts, air fried.

Frozen, minimally fat-coated french-fries in Walmart brand or Ore-Ida brand 90% as good as fresh potatoes.
With less fat, you can justify EATING MORE, or so I find.

Small bone-in chicken breasts air fry better than humongous chicken breasts, which bake.

Another nice kitchen accessory. Not a kitchen necessity.

I tried the frozen SeaPak shrimp egg rolls and they were outstanding!

Added to the grocery list.

Last edited:
   / Any of you air fry in your oven?
That was the other thing, the instructs said not to preheat. Didn't make sense. Have to get me some egg rolls to boot!

/ Any of you air fry in your oven? #5  
When I was starting out I rented a cheap apartment. The oven was nasty so I did everything in a cheap little toaster oven. I had a really good recipe for oven fried fish and another for oven fried chicken. (Not shake and bake). I kept a bowl of choclate chip cookie mix in the frig, and while eating my cookies would be baking.
My fish and chicken recipes were in a basic Betty Crockett cookbook.

/ Any of you air fry in your oven? #7  
We just call it baking.

/ Any of you air fry in your oven?
Yeah, the new oven probably bakes 7 different ways. It has a fan and you press the air fry button. It does reasonably well. Getting closer to what works. It even emails me through out the day to let me know what the wife is up to....