any one have any favorite signs

/ any one have any favorite signs #21  
<font color="blue"> I see so many parents that won't make that decision. </font>

I know what you mean, Doc. I'll see a couple seatbelt their child in a car then each get in with their cigarettes lit and puff away. I can't help but see the irony in that.

/ any one have any favorite signs #22  
Bubba,

That sounds exactly like my love affair with cigarettes. Only differences - I quit 19 years ago, my son with severe allergies was my main reason for quitting (I was too stupid to do it for myself) and I didn't gain 25 lbs. - I GAINED 30! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I always thought that ex-smokers were the biggest p.i.t.a. that smokers had to contend with and I am living proof of it. I <font color="red"> HATE </font> cigarette smoke and I avoid it like the plague!

TBone

/ any one have any favorite signs #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Supply house on a state hwy going to Floreance AL
REDNECK TRAILER SUPPLY )</font>

Heh, heh. I just got a UPS delivery from those very same folks. I ordered electric brake and hub/drum assemblies from Low Cost Trailer Supplies on the web. The hub/drum assemblies were drop shipped from none other than Redneck Trailer Supply, who I had never heard of.

For some reason, the UPS driver seemed to find the packages distasteful.

SnowRidge

/ any one have any favorite signs #24  
If you are real young or don't follow current events, then you may not 'get' this one.

SnowRidge

Attachments

• 290084-Dead End .JPG
    290084-Dead End .JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 180
   / any one have any favorite signs #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If you are real young or don't follow current events, then you may not 'get' this one.
)</font>

Very appropriate! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ any one have any favorite signs #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( don't follow current events )</font>

I guess some of us are old enough to consider something that happened 25 years ago to be a "current event." /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ any one have any favorite signs #27  
My brothers spring and suspension shop use Red Neck Trailer quite abit. They are very good quality and price wise.

/ any one have any favorite signs #28  
When I was in the US Navy and went to get an I.D. card, there was a sign beside the place they took your picture that said, "If you want a better picture, bring a better face." For some reason, I've never forgotten that little bit of wisdom. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ any one have any favorite signs #29  
Two favorites:

One on a garbage truck - "Satisfaction garanteed or double your garbage back"

Another is an insurance agency in Linden New Jersey called "Loyds of Linden"

/ any one have any favorite signs #30  
Thanks Richard, I wish it was as simple as making the decision, then doing it. I don't want to give anyone the impression that I was able to kick the habit without any problems. Making the decision to quit was a no brainer, but actually following up on that decision was one of the toughest things I ever did. Nicotine is an extremely powerful drug that will test your willpower like little else will. Between the time that I decided to quit and actually took my last puff, was about 2 weeks. I had tried at least a dozen times before that to quit because it was expected of me. But until I REALLY wanted to quit, all my attempts were half hearted, and the results proved it. Just like an alcoholic, if I took one drag from a cigarette now, I'm afraid I would be hooked all over again. I think the only thing that keeps me from that temptation is the horrible smell from anything associated with cigarettes. When I smoked I never had a clue how disgusting cigarettes smelled, how bad my car smelled, or how much I stunk up the house, or even how nasty I smelled. I was also a selfish, bull headed, litterbug. I now see those same traits in other people that smoke. And I know that they don't realize how others perceive them, because once I was in their shoes.

Well I've preached my little sermon, and I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears, but I feel better for having said it.