Any one own a Poulan Pro power head

/ Any one own a Poulan Pro power head #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
I recently replaced my Poulan pro power head (I backed over the old one with my RTV) with a new one from Walmart. It came with a 12' tree trimmer attachment which works great.

My problem is that the engine vibrates so bad that after a few minutes of use, my hands are tingling. Anyone else have that problem with new Poulan engines. My old one was very good, no vibration, lots of power but it is a bit heavy. The reason I went with another Poulan was because of the great service I got from the other one that was over 10 years old. It came with a tiller attachment and a weedeater. The other reason was that it only costs $169 compared to over $300 for just the powerhead from Stihl or Echo.

/ Any one own a Poulan Pro power head #2  
I have one and it does not vibrate!---You might need to have them look at it! thanks; sonny580

/ Any one own a Poulan Pro power head #3  
I have the same exact unit purchased this spring and it does not vibrate at all. I would have someone take a look at it to determine the cause.

/ Any one own a Poulan Pro power head #4  
I just used mine today. Took the pole saw off and used the string trimmer. It doesn't vibrate like that.

/ Any one own a Poulan Pro power head
I didn't think that was right. My old one didn't vibrate either. I have continued to use it with my pole saw and it continues to work and crank ok. Got to be some imbalance in the crank shaft. I did finally find my sales receipt and it was from Attwoods rather than where I thought I bought it (wallyworld). Next time I go to Arkadelphia, I will take it back to them and see what they say. Wish it were WallyWorld where returns are not a problem.

/ Any one own a Poulan Pro power head
As expected, I have to take the motor to an authorized repair shop, luckily there are a couple of them in Hot Springs (about 20 miles from me). I guess I will take it in tomorrow and see what the shop says.

/ Any one own a Poulan Pro power head #7  
I had one for a couple of years and it did not vibrate badly but it did seize up on me. I just replaced it with a Honda 4 stroke, I'm sick of buying these things every few years, I hope the 4 stroke lasts twice as long, if it does it will have been worth the extra money I paid for it.