Any one use an auto lift with their tractor?

/ Any one use an auto lift with their tractor? #11  
I an 8000lb 4 post and a 10k 2 post. I 've never lifted it from the tires.
I've always used my 2 post because the 4 post is used for storage.
I use 6x6 timber to span from pad tp pad.
Sure makes service easier.

90cummins

/ Any one use an auto lift with their tractor?
Thanks for the input. I was planning on purchasing a 4 post lift and assumed that the runways would be adjustable enough to slide all the way to the middle to accommodate even narrow tracked vehicles. I talked to the sales person at BenPak and she was absolutely clueless as to how they work and then talked to one of the engineers who said that only one of the ramps move. IIRC their website says it will go as narrow as 37 in or so. I don't understand why they couldn't both slide to the middle. I realize that more weight would be exerted in the middle of the cross piece but the tractor is not that heavy. Surely some of the lift companies make a 4 post that will do that, more research is indicated I guess.

/ Any one use an auto lift with their tractor? #13  
Check out gregsmithequipment.com

/ Any one use an auto lift with their tractor? #14  
Have a GL-9 9000# "golf-lift" 2 post and like it very much. Just wish the roof was a little higher to get the occasional suv up to full height ;)

/ Any one use an auto lift with their tractor? #15  
I have a 4 post with a 8,000 pound capacity. I'm pretty sure the "ramps" will slide all the way together which would allow a BX or any small tractor/lawnmower to fit. I have never had to preform any work on the tractor since I have had the lift. If I removed the backhoe there is no reason why it would not work. I am going to have to change the oil soon, but since I would have to trailer the tractor to get it to the same place as the lift and remove the backhoe attachment I will just crawl under it.

/ Any one use an auto lift with their tractor? #16  
The ramps on my 4 post are fixed because they are a stressed part of structure, never saw one with movable ramps but then I haven't seen everything.
90cummins

/ Any one use an auto lift with their tractor? #17  
I made an adapter that connects the front two arms and rear two arms on my 2 post lift so you can lift a vehicle by the tires. I use it for servicing things like the lawn mower and side by side. The problem with a tractor is that the weight is mostly on the rear tires. So lifting a tractor with a 2 post lift is tricky. A 4 post should work just fine. But even 4 post lifts assume things like that no one corner will see more than about 1/4 of the total weight it's rated for.

/ Any one use an auto lift with their tractor?
Thanks. I've searched Greg Smith (Atlas), Rotary, Challenger, BendPak specs online and all list the minimum width between runways as too wide for the tractor tires. I'll do some calling but it appears that I would need to get the jack tray or rolling jack accessory to be able to use it for my tractor.
@4570: When you get a chance check and see if your runways will slide together. If so I would love to know which lift you have.

/ Any one use an auto lift with their tractor? #19  
Why, sure. Just pull back on the lift lever and it "auto" lifts. That is what this thread is about, isn't it?

TractorOilChange_03.JPG

/ Any one use an auto lift with their tractor? #20  
My lift can slide within about 18 inches of together. Plenty close enough for a BX. I'm sure it is stronger farther apart, but heavier vehicles tend to have wider wheel bases. You have to unbolt the ramps and slide them over to the next set of holes. I wouldn't worry too much about weight distribution. It is rated to hold 4,000 pounds per half. Lifting a 5,000 pond tractor with 70/30 weight distribution shouldn't hurt anything. image-706509802.jpg image-706509802.jpg image-629809612.jpg image-2771581115.jpg image-3443962315.jpg