any snowmobilers

/ any snowmobilers #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Whatever you get, just don't catch the infamous and lethal "Wood Disease". /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Can I ask what that is? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On snow I will never see myself going faster than the 80-90 mph offered by 115-125 hp artic cats. I could never see myself hitting 150 mph on snow with any ski machine!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Its just the feeling of zero control and ski's for steering that unnerve me....ironically I regulary see 150 mph speeds and higher on two wheels but with control at all times....go figure!

Ducati

/ any snowmobilers #12  
I guess I'll have to head your way this summer with my 'busa. I'll show you what 188 is like. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't even bother with Ducks. That's like racing a VW with a Porsche. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Maybe I should just bring my Triumph with the sidecar. You can ride in the hack and feel what it's like not to have ANY control. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"Wood Disease" is the often lethal and always debilitating disease that comes about when your sled contacts an immovable object, most often times a TREE. Symptoms of impending wood disease are: Too much liquid courage, no brains in your thumb and one-up-manship. Other symptoms include: Too much motor for your ability, too much speed on the trail and riding too fast at night. Cure: Get some sense before you have it knocked out of you by the impending wood disease. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wood Disease applies to bikes too. Just change the name to Asphalt Disease.

I actually prefer going fast on a sled versus a bike. Most times on a sled you aren't dealing with a bunch of idiots in cars, trucks and other bikes waiting to pull in front of you, run red lights or worse. My sled can turn better, acellerate better and stop better than your bike. All it takes is the proper amount of CBN in the track and enough CBN on the skis. The T'cat will pull 0-70 in 2.5 seconds from a stop. My 'busa won't and your Duck don't even come close. The T'Cat will literally pull your forearms from the sockets.

On a sled, it's you, maybe a couple of buddies, the snow and the trees. If you get stupid, you can blame no one but yourself. On a bike, you have the "other" factor. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Any more questions?

/ any snowmobilers #13  
I have my formula III serviced every november. They change the gear box oil, clean the carbs thoroughly, adjust the track & align the ski's.

/ any snowmobilers #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I actually prefer going fast on a sled versus a bike )</font>

Maybe if I'd lived in an area where the snowmobiles were common, I might have felt that way. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif One of my brothers raced snowmobiles professionally in Alaska in the '70s, so he's run them over 100 mph, but I only played with one in the snow one day and found that 30 mph is as fast as I cared to go, even though 100 mph on a Goldwing didn't seem too fast at all. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I also learned long ago that I do not care for any speed in excess of 40 mph in a boat; 60 mph was too fast to suit me. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ any snowmobilers
wood disease can also be very contagious. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif my artic cat has nothing like that in acelleration but I can ride a wheelie to 70mph tho

joe