Any thoughts on the CT5545 Cab w/hydro?

/ Any thoughts on the CT5545 Cab w/hydro?
Dumb question but what is that bracket mounted on the top of the cab on the left rear? Hazard triangle? Looks like both tractors have one.
I am assuming those brackets are for the Hazard Triangle, but I don't actually have the tractor yet. I just got word the 3rd function remote kit was received today and is being installed. Should have the tractor soon.

Last edited:
   / Any thoughts on the CT5545 Cab w/hydro? #12  
What was the wire harness you are referring to? Is this something I need to get? My tractor is still at the dealer waiting on the 3rd function kit. If it doesn't show up soon, I may resort to other options.

My bad, the wire harness to add a stereo.

Dumb question but what is that bracket mounted on the top of the cab on the left rear? Hazard triangle? Looks like both tractors have one.

Yes, that top left bracket is for the hazard triangle.

Copy that. Yea, I want to get the radio with the correct wiring connector to just plug n play. I plan to replace the speakers too.

/ Any thoughts on the CT5545 Cab w/hydro? #14  
I'm not a huge radio listener. I find a radio distracting a bit and also with a cab you can hardly hear anything outside anyway and the radio drowns it all out. Sometimes hearing what's going on is more important than seeing it. That's one thing I miss about the old 5310.

/ Any thoughts on the CT5545 Cab w/hydro? #15  
I was looking at the CT5545 myself, but walked away with the CT5555 that the dealer had on the lot. I've been very happy with it so far, though I only have about 16 hours on it. No issues so far. It's quite a bit heavier and stronger than my previous LS 3140h. I got the wire harness suggested over in the Kioti forum. I'll get in there soon to see if it works for ours as well. I'm also in the queue for Fit Rite's top and tilt.

Do you have a link to the wiring harness for the stereo? Thanks

I'm not a huge radio listener. I find a radio distracting a bit and also with a cab you can hardly hear anything outside anyway and the radio drowns it all out. Sometimes hearing what's going on is more important than seeing it. That's one thing I miss about the old 5310.

I have heard mixed feelings on the radio in the cab. I guess I will just get one installed and see how it goes. I suspect if I'm doing detailed work I will likely not be playing it, but if I am cutting several acres of grass, I may want to listen a bit. With all the blue tooth portable speakers and headphones, I'm not sure it's worth having a permanent audio system in the cab. I guess it just makes it a bit easier.

A few things are a bit frustrating. Why doesn't the 55 series have both fold down arm rests? My 5545 only has the right armrest, but the 2535 has both? For this level of tractor, it drives me crazy that the rear wiper isn't standard. The 2535 has the rear wiper and dual rear hydraulics. The 5545 only comes with one set of rear hydraulic ports. Funny, I haven't even received the tractor and I am gripping already. LOL. I get it, not everyone needs those options, but man it seems some things should just be standard.

Got the Bobcat yesterday evening, right before 3" of snowfall. I havent even gotten it dirty yet. Wanted to spend some time getting familiar with controls and the manual. First impressions are that it is a very nice tractor. I already like the linked pedal feature. I had the third function remote installed by the dealer and they did a very nice job. I like that the Bobcat service techs are skilled with hydraulics and controls. That could be a plus for Bobcat over the cousin Kioti, although I am certain there are competent Kioti techs. I just like that Bobcat has a ton of equipment in the field and likely deal with a lot of hoses and hydraulic issues due to the rough nature their equipment is subjected to. I am a bit disappointed in the loader joystick handle. The kit came with a relatively basic knob, thus they removed the nice "T" handle. I may evaluate replacing the knob. I'll give some updates as I get some use on it. It has 3 hours on it from the dealer and me test driving it. Now I need my grapple. I like the EA Wicked grapple but I'm not fond of the price. Leaning toward a Homestead or even the Titan 60" root grapple. The Titan is a few hundred pounds heaver, but the price is far more reasonable.
IMG_2120.jpgIMG_2133.jpgIMG_2132.jpgIMG_2130.jpgIMG_2118.jpg

/ Any thoughts on the CT5545 Cab w/hydro? #19  
you have a lot there to be proud of. :thumbsup:

/ Any thoughts on the CT5545 Cab w/hydro? #20  
Nice machine. Congrats. I wonder why they stuck the tail lights off the side of the cab instead of installing them where the NASCAR decal lights are? That said, I do like those tractors.