Any volunteers??

/ Any volunteers?? #1  

thatguy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
We had the bank in front of our house cleaned off last summer and now want some sort of ground cover on it.. We have 3,000 bare root liriope spicata being delivered tomorrow...

Anyone want to come help plant it over the weekend??

Seriously, I think it is going to be a long weekend of make hole, insert plant, compress soil around plant.. Move 8" and lather, rinse, repeat 2999 more times.. lol

I attached a photo of our bank.. it is about 9' from ditch to crown and the area right in front of the house (to the electric pole) is about 180' long.. if this grows well we still have a couple hundred more feet of bank to do..

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_3735.jpg
    IMG_3735.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_3734.jpg
    IMG_3734.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 183
   / Any volunteers??
Right now we have about 2 or 3 friends that are coming to help (+my wife and I)..

I figure it will take close to 13 man hours to get them all planted.. so thats about 3 hours of work/person... OR that is what I keep telling myself.. lol

Brian

/ Any volunteers?? #4  
Guess you wouldn't be getting into trouble this weekend. ;)

/ Any volunteers??
Guess you wouldn't be getting into trouble this weekend. ;)

I believe you would be 100% correct.. hehe.. and t least I wont be bending over planting stuff though - I may not need to chiropractor on monday..

We are suppose to get rain, so that will make the weekend even less fun..

/ Any volunteers?? #6  
Very nice house! We were looking to move to Va. a few years back, Bedford is one of the counties we were looking at. I really liked Lynchburg, literally NO crime!!! Except it was hard to find a flat spot!

/ Any volunteers?? #7  
Right now we have about 2 or 3 friends that are coming to help (+my wife and I)..

I figure it will take close to 13 man hours to get them all planted.. so thats about 3 hours of work/person... OR that is what I keep telling myself.. lol

Brian

Any time I estimate the time for a project I find that I almost need to double it to be close! Enjoy.

/ Any volunteers??
Very nice house! We were looking to move to Va. a few years back, Bedford is one of the counties we were looking at. I really liked Lynchburg, literally NO crime!!! Except it was hard to find a flat spot!

thanks.. We love Bedford (big enough, but not too big).. We have most of everything you need now locally (lowes, walmart, ruby tuesdays, applebees, tractor supply, Southern States)..

How many acres are you looking for?

Brian

/ Any volunteers??
Any time I estimate the time for a project I find that I almost need to double it to be close! Enjoy.

I certainly hope not.. I am assuming you can plant 4 per minute, which seems reasonable in my mind... Ill let you know for use after this weekend

Brian

/ Any volunteers?? #10  
I would but I ummm, heeeh, errrr, have to change the air in my tires. Yeah that's it, I'm changing the air in my tires this weekend.

Nice looking place!