Any way to clear codes without a trip to the dealer?

/ Any way to clear codes without a trip to the dealer? #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
zi sm just hoping that this is possible.

I have fought an issue with the fuel rail with my YT347/ It made several trips to the dealer and they tried everything and never could fix it. So, the warranty ran out and Yanmar refused to extend the coverage for the same issue that they couldn't resolve./ But, they did suggest that it could be the lift pump. I swapped that and the troubles went away. It came back again and swapped the pump again and it was fine.

Now it came back AGAIN. It threw a code and it shut it down and ordered a new pump. But, when I went to install it, it had a dreaded too many error code that looks like cannot be reset without a trip to the dealer. That is a Big Deal for me so I would love to get it to go away without.

Error is 00 7FCCD.00 {LV Valve Opening Number Exceeded

I tried calling Yanmar but they only advise the trip to Dealer. I tried disconnecting the battery for a reset.

Any suggestions?

/ Any way to clear codes without a trip to the dealer? #3  
zi sm just hoping that this is possible.

I have fought an issue with the fuel rail with my YT347/ It made several trips to the dealer and they tried everything and never could fix it. So, the warranty ran out and Yanmar refused to extend the coverage for the same issue that they couldn't resolve./ But, they did suggest that it could be the lift pump. I swapped that and the troubles went away. It came back again and swapped the pump again and it was fine.

Now it came back AGAIN. It threw a code and it shut it down and ordered a new pump. But, when I went to install it, it had a dreaded too many error code that looks like cannot be reset without a trip to the dealer. That is a Big Deal for me so I would love to get it to go away without.

Error is 00 7FCCD.00 {LV Valve Opening Number Exceeded

I tried calling Yanmar but they only advise the trip to Dealer. I tried disconnecting the battery for a reset.

Any suggestions?
How long was the battery disconnected? If it has a non volatile memory storage, removing power won't help...but I would leave battery disconnected for at least a few hours. Disconnect the positive lead and ground it.
So the battery + positive terminal has nothing on it...but the cable you removed is grounded to discharge any capacitors in the computer module.
YouTube looks like some reset videos.

/ Any way to clear codes without a trip to the dealer? #4  
Purchase or borrow an OBD2 sensor reader. They usually have an option to clear codes. If you don't want to buy one head for the local Auto Zone, O'Reilly's, or other parts outlet. Many will reset your code free.

/ Any way to clear codes without a trip to the dealer? #5  
Purchase or borrow an OBD2 sensor reader. They usually have an option to clear codes. If you don't want to buy one head for the local Auto Zone, O'Reilly's, or other parts outlet. Many will reset your code free.
Problem is, no tractors are OBD compatible so it will still require some kind of interface.

/ Any way to clear codes without a trip to the dealer? #6  
I suppose they could be made OBD compatible so codes could be cleared without a trip to the dealership. Getting stuck with a DPF system no body wants and then having to made a trip to the dealer to clear a code because of it is a double slap in the face to tractor owners.

/ Any way to clear codes without a trip to the dealer? #7  
My LS is odb compatible and my general code reader shows and and rests codes. Has a standard 16 pin ODB connector under the dash

/ Any way to clear codes without a trip to the dealer?
I never thought to look for an ODB connector. Will look!

/ Any way to clear codes without a trip to the dealer?
How long was the battery disconnected? If it has a non volatile memory storage, removing power won't help...but I would leave battery disconnected for at least a few hours. Disconnect the positive lead and ground it.
So the battery + positive terminal has nothing on it...but the cable you removed is grounded to discharge any capacitors in the computer module.
YouTube looks like some reset videos.
I disconnected the negative lead and jumpered it to the positive over night. No help. Thanks, tho

/ Any way to clear codes without a trip to the dealer? #10  
Some have the round ODB connector like big semis.