Snow Any way to plumb a B7100 for a heater?

/ Any way to plumb a B7100 for a heater? #11  
They also make 12V UTV heaters... I was thinking abiout trying one...

/ Any way to plumb a B7100 for a heater? #12  
I looked into various small heaters when building my cab last year and decided on one that ran off the engine coolant with a 2-speed fan. It's rated at 20,000 BTU's (roughly equivalent to 20X the output of those 12V auxiliary heaters.) Warms the cab from 0*F to flannel shirt in about 10 minutes.

/ Any way to plumb a B7100 for a heater?
I looked into various small heaters when building my cab last year and decided on one that ran off the engine coolant with a 2-speed fan. It's rated at 20,000 BTU's (roughly equivalent to 20X the output of those 12V auxiliary heaters.) Warms the cab from 0*F to flannel shirt in about 10 minutes.
Sounds great if you have an easy way to access the engine coolant, which brings me back to the original post above..........

They also make 12V UTV heaters... I was thinking about trying one...
The B7100 has an 8.5 amp alternator - yes just 100 watts of power. The heaters that I looked at run at least 10 to 15 amps. So an electric heater would be running off the battery to a large degree.

/ Any way to plumb a B7100 for a heater? #15  
Don't pump air in from the engine!!!!!!!!!! You might go to sleep.

/ Any way to plumb a B7100 for a heater? #17  
The B7100 has an 8.5 amp alternator - yes just 100 watts of power. The heaters that I looked at run at least 10 to 15 amps. So an electric heater would be running off the battery to a large degree.

Yeah.. I upgraded to the 40amp alt in my application

/ Any way to plumb a B7100 for a heater? #18  
I have B7510 which I believe is very similiar to yours. There is a small bypass line around the thermostat, about 1/2" inside diameter and about 3" long. I removed that and plumbed it through the heater in the cab. Works great! I heard of people putting tees and a bypass valve in there to bypass the heater for the summer but I didn't bother. I saved the short piece of tubing and planned to reinstall it during the summer. It doesn't get that hot here in the summer so I haven't bothered switching it back. It doesn't add much heat if you don't turn on the fan.

Donnie

I have B7510 which I believe is very similar to yours. There is a small bypass line around the thermostat, about 1/2" inside diameter and about 3" long. ..........Donnie
Thanks, Donnie. The B7100 doesn't have a thermostat, but it has a similar housing, so I'll look closely to see if there is something there to work with.

/ Any way to plumb a B7100 for a heater? #20  
You may have enough room on your hoses to be able to install a fitting with an outlet. :) as you have already done on the upper hosel.

Eg. The bottom hose has enough room to install an inline heater.