Any way to tell if a air leak vs lack of oil caused a saw to burn up?

/ Any way to tell if a air leak vs lack of oil caused a saw to burn up? #11  
If he only uses it a couple times a year to clear trails from blow downs, just don't bother with the hassle of repair and pick up a refurbed Poulan Pro 18" chainsaw from a farm store for $119.00. I've had mine for about 6-7 years and cut at least 6 cords per year as we heat with wood. If it ever dies, I'll toss it out and get another one. For trail clearing only a couple times per year, it should last 20-30 years if maintained.

/ Any way to tell if a air leak vs lack of oil caused a saw to burn up?
I couldn't see the links on your forum. It could be my computer blocking them for some reason.

I'm wondering if he didn't let the saw warm up before cutting and it was simply a case of the piston expanding too quickly.

/ Any way to tell if a air leak vs lack of oil caused a saw to burn up? #14  
It was short on oil.

/ Any way to tell if a air leak vs lack of oil caused a saw to burn up? #15  
The links are Piston Failure Analysis and you have to be signed in to read the links you click on. Otherwise you wont see the embedded links.

/ Any way to tell if a air leak vs lack of oil caused a saw to burn up? #17  
That was better then nothing, but barely scratched the surface :rolleyes:. The 2 links I showed are 9 pages and 5 pages worth each. :drink:

/ Any way to tell if a air leak vs lack of oil caused a saw to burn up? #18  
That was better then nothing, but barely scratched the surface :rolleyes:. The 2 links I showed are 9 pages and 5 pages worth each. :drink:

The links you posted require creating an account on that website to view them.

/ Any way to tell if a air leak vs lack of oil caused a saw to burn up? #19  
The links you posted require creating an account on that website to view them.

Guess it comes down to if you really want to learn or not. It's all free there. Cant help you cant read embedded links without being signed in. Same where here if your not logged in. ;)

/ Any way to tell if a air leak vs lack of oil caused a saw to burn up? #20  
Guess it comes down to if you really want to learn or not. It's all free there. Cant help you cant read embedded links without being signed in. Same where here if your not logged in. ;)

How would we know the contents of the links? Just take your word for it? For all we know, you could be a russian hacker using human engineering to get folks to sign up for stuff. :laughing:

TBN links work weather your signed in or not. ;)