Anybody get Shocked After ordering?

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #21  
so...does this mean overall that as far as vehicle/tractor manufacturers go, they don't really care or support the dealer transactions of their product, good or nefarious? just wondering, never encountered OP's situation, but only have bought 1 new vehicle & a few tractors in my days. not sure it even helps to read the fine print these days sounds like... i'm clueless on that, best to OP

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #22  
Get your down payment money back. Go find a tractor that is physically present in front of you. Or in stock on a dealer lot, or site you find on internet. Work your best deal on a new, or barely used tractor, and buy it. Get it home and enjoy it. Save yourself the hassle and headache of lawyers, courts, and all the B.S.

Unfortunately, over that amount of time, the cost of everything went way up. And they don’t want to lose $. Imagine if you were the dealer. And you would normally make a $5000 profit on said tractor. Now if you honor “locked in” price, that was by Kubota, you the dealer will lose over $3,000 on a brand new tractor. That you could sell to someone else and make $5,000 profit on.

I know. It sucks. You are right. And, they are wrong. Sounds like the dealer screwed something up.

But, there is a good chance you go through a LOT of B.S., and end up even more frustrated when/if the Judge decides the dealer is not responsible to honor the Manufacturer promise because of……..

Get your money back and go get the best deal you can on a tractor you can put your hands on.

Best of luck to you.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #23  
good advice, but the 1st & last part of your message will be a challenge if the original agreement was signed by both parties

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #24  
They're all criminals nowadays. I'm lucky I have what I need because I can just stop buying now. Screw them all.
Me too. I'm driving old iron. But it's good iron. And I'm old. So, there's that going for me.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #25  
good advice, but the 1st & last part of your message will be a challenge if the original agreement was signed by both parties
I think they will give him his money back, if he ask for it. Then they will sell the new tractor and make their profit.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #26  
hopefully so. 8k additional is sticker shock w/o notice

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #27  
As someone who owns several Kubotas,
I would say that if that happened to me, I would get my down payment back, and buy a different brand of tractor. I would have serious doubts about a positive relationship with that dealer.
I do also wonder if the dealer that was closer to you would have honored the price that was originally higher, but now would have been way lower.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #28  
You can take them to court, and you might win, but do you really want to do business with that dealer? Would you want them servicing your new tractor? Also factor in legal costs. You may win and get legal costs reimbursed, but you may not. Legal fees can eat up $8000 in a short time. Sorry this happened to you. I'd find a new dealer / new brand.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #29  
Sounds like a long road, best of luck.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #30  
You can take them to court, and you might win, but do you really want to do business with that dealer? Would you want them servicing your new tractor? Also factor in legal costs. You may win and get legal costs reimbursed, but you may not. Legal fees can eat up $8000 in a short time. Sorry this happened to you. I'd find a new dealer / new brand.
I'd go through the legal route and then sell the tractor and buy something from a dealership and brand you can feel confident in.