Anybody growing a garden ?

/ Anybody growing a garden ? #1  

Jesse11

Bronze Member
Ive been enjoying some fresh organic produce from the garden since the end of last month. Plucked some green onions after a breif thunderstorm this afternoon. Some yellow, some white. They are huge and smell excellent. Just thought Id share and see if anyone else has some garden pics.:D

Attachments

• DSC00139.jpg
    DSC00139.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 146
   / Anybody growing a garden ? #2  
i wish i could have a garden threw the winter months but here in pennsylvania thats not gonna happen, i would guess if you have a green house and some heat it would work here...but those onions do look good

/ Anybody growing a garden ? #3  
As an annual tradition, I will plant some 1015Y onion seeds in an indoor window box, on January 1.

They tend to go to seed after a month or so after being planted in the garden in the spring, but I still get some nice sweet onions early this way.

Last winter, I grew lettuce all winter in my cold frame, by use of some heating cables in the soil.

Attachments

• Picture 153.jpg
    Picture 153.jpg
    942 KB · Views: 154
   / Anybody growing a garden ? #4  
We keep trying but the critters enjoy it more than we do. What the deer don't eat or trample the coyotes (they will eat watermelons and tomatoes), racoons, Opposums, squirrels (gray, red, and ground) eat the spoils. We get what is left, strangely none of them will go for the hot peppers! We no longer have a fruit harvest as the deer eat all of them before they ripen.

/ Anybody growing a garden ? #5  
this is what we had for sale at the farmers market last week. all is grown in unheated hoophouses and high tunnel.

Attachments

• Market12-17-11.jpg
    Market12-17-11.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Market12-17-11A.jpg
    Market12-17-11A.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Market12-17-11B.jpg
    Market12-17-11B.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Market12-17-11C.jpg
    Market12-17-11C.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 145
   / Anybody growing a garden ? #6  
Ive been enjoying some fresh organic produce from the garden since the end of last month. Plucked some green onions after a breif thunderstorm this afternoon. Some yellow, some white. They are huge and smell excellent. Just thought Id share and see if anyone else has some garden pics.:D
Looks good. What part of the Country do you live?

/ Anybody growing a garden ? #7  
We grow a very large garden during the summer months, but cant in the winter! thanks; sonny

/ Anybody growing a garden ? #8  
I am still digging carrots everyday. They are better now then they were all summer.

/ Anybody growing a garden ? #9  
I'm and my stomach aren't much for raw onions but my wife would be interested for me:laughing: to know how you do that.

/ Anybody growing a garden ? #10  
this is what we had for sale at the farmers market last week. all is grown in unheated hoophouses and high tunnel.
I would bet those veggies didn't call that market home for very long. That is some nice produce.:thumbsup: