Anybody have source for a 540 RPM hyd motor to run tractor attachments on PT?

/ Anybody have source for a 540 RPM hyd motor to run tractor attachments on PT? #1  

m5040

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6040 L2250, JohnDeere 310D, Ford 841 Elenco, Ford 961, Trapmaster, PT180 w/LM bucket and 45" brush cutter, PT1430 Deutz w/grapple bucket, Antonio Carraro Tigrecar 6500. John Deere 5300. Former owned Steiner 430 max, Goldoni REV Maxter 7
I would like to fab up a adapter to run tractor 3pt hitch - 540 RPM - attachments. I would think that this should be one of the most used modifications, but a search didn't come up with anything.

The motor would be tractor specific as the psi and flows are different. Just looking for a starting point.

/ Anybody have source for a 540 RPM hyd motor to run tractor attachments on PT?
Thanks, has anyone out there tried to use one on a PT?

/ Anybody have source for a 540 RPM hyd motor to run tractor attachments on PT? #4  
You should figure out how many HP your hydraulic PTO can supply before you continue down this path. I think as a group, many years ago, we figured the MAIN PTO on the PT425 will supply something like 11.8HP. I don't have the calculations at hand, but I'd guess some serious searching of TBN could bring up the threads that discussed it.

What 3pt implement are you considering? Just curious.

/ Anybody have source for a 540 RPM hyd motor to run tractor attachments on PT? #5  
I bumped up a thread on the discussion in the PT forums for you. Might give you some ideas.

/ Anybody have source for a 540 RPM hyd motor to run tractor attachments on PT? #6  
There are several folks that did build adapters to use 3pt implements with a splined shaft, and there are several that have have just installed a hydraulic motor directly onto the 3pt implement and eliminated the shaft.

Also consider that any adapters, for example, skid steer quick attach plates and 3pt implement adapters add significant weight to the FEL arms. On these smaller units, every pound counts. ;)

For my other tractors, snow blower, rotary cutter 5', finish mower 5', flail 5', Beefco wood chipper, Herd seeder, used to sand driveway, Farmi winch, generator. Since I have them I think it would be nice to be able to use on PT, even if it only works on fair side. I am not buying attachments to use, just trying to make use of what I have. These are plans for a 1430.

Roger on the weight, it adds up fast. Especially when going from PT to melrose-Bobcat skid steer type. I have a 3pt to skid steer and it must weigh over 100 lbs by itself, at least that's what he feels like when I am installing it.

/ Anybody have source for a 540 RPM hyd motor to run tractor attachments on PT? #9  
Sounds fun. Keep us posted. :thumbsup:

/ Anybody have source for a 540 RPM hyd motor to run tractor attachments on PT? #10  
At the full flow and pressure of your 1430, 12gpm@2500psi you have about 20hp that can be applied to a 5.1ci hydraulic motor to yield 540rpm.

Calculations are rounded and from here :
Hydraulic Calculations | Fluid Power | Advanced Fluid Systems

I've converted a few and really prefer to go with a chain sprocket mounted on the hydraulic motor that drives the implement gear box.

Keeps the weight down. It's easy to still power w a tractor (take off the chain) and generally allows the orientation of the tool for safe, effective use.