Anybody remember the old " Toddle House Restaurant Chain ? "

/ Anybody remember the old " Toddle House Restaurant Chain ? " #1  

brin

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles eas
At one time 50 yrs. ago or so the National Toddle house Corporation was the largest restaurant chain in the US...They operated little white cottages with green roofs...that had a pie baker on their sign and featured some really good...prepared from scratch food. Anyone remember the Chocolate Cream Pies or Banana Cream Pies...and all the rest ?

/ Anybody remember the old " Toddle House Restaurant Chain ? " #2  
I could be wrong, but I think there are still Toddle House restaurants around. Seems to me there's one in Rolla, MO, and I could swear they were still in Tennessee.....or maybe it's Huddle House that I've seen?

Chuck

/ Anybody remember the old " Toddle House Restaurant Chain ? " #3  
According to Wikipedia, Toddle House Corporation was sold and eventually liquidated. One of their early employees was a founder of the Waffle House which still exists. I've only rarely patronized the Waffle House, usually in Arkansas or Tennessee enroute to and from West Virginia, but we have one nearby that I"ve never been in, and judging from their parking lot, they must be quite popular.

/ Anybody remember the old " Toddle House Restaurant Chain ? " #4  
According to Wikipedia, Toddle House Corporation was sold and eventually liquidated. One of their early employees was a founder of the Waffle House which still exists. I've only rarely patronized the Waffle House, usually in Arkansas or Tennessee enroute to and from West Virginia, but we have one nearby that I"ve never been in, and judging from their parking lot, they must be quite popular.
Bird...try the Waffle House coffee...it's one of my favorites...next to my "double strength" Folger's, of course.

/ Anybody remember the old " Toddle House Restaurant Chain ? " #5  
Bird...try the Waffle House coffee...it's one of my favorites...next to my "double strength" Folger's, of course.

That's actually the primary reason I've been in Waffle Houses; to get a thermos filled with coffee.:D