Anybody used the "Hitch Hauler"

/ Anybody used the "Hitch Hauler" #1  

catvet

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39
Saw the "Hitch Hauler" in Northern Tools Catalog. Looks interesting as a way to move a fair amount of material around be it firewood, stone, whatever. Also could be handy taking equipment to a job site. I could also see it being used as a ballast box by adding whatever.

Obviously couldn't exceed what your 3-point hitch could handle but for getting hay to, or cleaning out the pen of the goats it might be great.

Not sure how it dumps.

Here is a link to the Carry On Trailer page. Doesn't really say anything.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

/ Anybody used the "Hitch Hauler" #2  
I've looked at them on TSC web page item no. 2130097 price at $298.62 whereas Northern tool is 369. look the same to me. I am concerned about all the weight with it loaded down. nice idea thought. I use my 3 pt dirt pan scoop for same idea,just small version. agh

/ Anybody used the "Hitch Hauler" #3  
The picture at Tractor Supply shows a rear gate that opens. It doesn't look like the one at Northern Tool has a gate.

/ Anybody used the "Hitch Hauler" #4  
If you enlarge the pic at N.H., you will see the small latches or pins for the taligate. John

/ Anybody used the "Hitch Hauler" #5  
I looked at it when I was looking for something for my daughter to haul feed buckets & hay out to the paddocks. It seemed like a good idea until I thought about the hassle of putting it on and taking it off the tractor. I settled on a wagon from TSC hooked to a towbar that drops into the quick hitch. Its about the same size, cost a lot less, and is a lot easier to deal with.

/ Anybody used the "Hitch Hauler" #6  
I have something similar- a 3pt dump box (of Canadian descent) that I use on my BX2200 when the FEL isn't mounted. With proper counterbalance- belly mower in summer and front snowblower in winter- it is great for hauling firewood, mulch, topsoil, etc.

/ Anybody used the "Hitch Hauler" #7  
I was going to build something similar with an old 17 cu. ft. dump trailer from Fleet&Farm. When I saw the link here I called TSC and they had just got 1 in.. I told them to put my name on it and I would come pick it up. We just recently got a store in our area, Wisconsin Rapids, which is about 40 miles from our home. I also used to go to the one in Burlington, Wi. and spent many hours looking through their stuff over the last 20 or so years till we moved north. I also always check prices at F&F before buying as they are usually cheaper than TSC by a good amount. F&F did not carry this item.. I went to pick it up and they set it in the trailer with a fork lift and it would not set in the bottom of my 5x8 trailer so it was left leaning on the side. It looks to be a very built item and looks like it will lower almost to the ground to load. I bought it mainly for moving around the woods to pick up firewood, It should work very well for this. also I should be able to rake leaves right into it. I plan on plywood sides to keep loads in side as the sides are open. It has expanded metal bottom so no dirt without making provisions for it.. A person handy with a welder should be able to make one of these pretty easily. John

/ Anybody used the "Hitch Hauler"
Thanks for all the feedback esp. to John for having actually gone and bought one. I've learned about a lot of things I never knew existed on this forum I'm glad something I found looked interesting to another TBN'er.

/ Anybody used the "Hitch Hauler" #9  
I surfed around a found a site called Handi-Hitch. Same basic thing but they had more options to choose from. check it out.
RPK

/ Anybody used the "Hitch Hauler"
RPK said:
I surfed around a found a site called Handi-Hitch. Same basic thing but they had more options to choose from. check it out.
RPK
RPK,
Do you have a link? Using Handi-hitch in Google got me links to various hitch ball attachments.