Anyone dress up the rural or weekend place for Christmas?

/ Anyone dress up the rural or weekend place for Christmas? #1  

RobJ

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500
Just curious, I put up some lights and such on timers at the weekend place. Also keep on some malibu lights on timers year round.

Rob

That pic of the house was actually pre garage, pre flowerbeds and pre steps. :D

Attachments

• christmaselkhart.JPG
    christmaselkhart.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 280
  • christmaslights1.JPG
    christmaslights1.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 252
   / Anyone dress up the rural or weekend place for Christmas? #2  
I'm a bit of a humbug when it comes to Christmas decorations but last year I went down to the cabin and my wife and kids were coming down later that night. I stopped and picked up some lights and strung them on a pretty cedar in the front yard and put them around the door as well. When they got there and saw the lights I was a hero.

But, our cabin is a good ways off the paved road so folks passing by can't see it.

/ Anyone dress up the rural or weekend place for Christmas? #3  
Evenin Rob,
Absolutely ! :) Lighted star on the front porch of the Vt cabin and small Christmas tree with lights and a few ornaments ! I will get some pics in the next few days when I go up ! Gotta get out of Ct, Kathleen is driving me crazy having me wrap truck loads of presents ! ;)

BTW your place looks great !

/ Anyone dress up the rural or weekend place for Christmas? #4  
Very nice Rob.
We do usually do but this year we will not be there until boxing day. I'll put up a few lights for the visitors then.

/ Anyone dress up the rural or weekend place for Christmas? #5  
I need to get some pictures taken, but yes, we absolutely have lights up. We do the normal wraping of the porch posts and icicles, but this year we were also able to do the gazebo. What's really nice is sitting in the hot tub at night and being able to enjoy the Christmas lights!!!

Your place looks great.

Eddie

/ Anyone dress up the rural or weekend place for Christmas? #6  
Rob,

The lights look great. My wife wants to use those type lights at our new house next year.

This year we are so close to moving that we're not even putting up a tree. I told her I find a poster of a tree and tape to the wall.

/ Anyone dress up the rural or weekend place for Christmas? #7  
Rob, Thank you for the question and pictures. Emily and I love to decorate for our friends and neighbors. We perhaps get a little carried away at this time of year. I hope the picture of the cabin and front yard with the lights comes through. This is my first attempt at posting a picture.

It took us about a week to set everything up. Part of the delay was the cold weather and reduced work time. We live in a gulch near the entrance and our neighbors drive by in the evening and enjoy the lights. We do have snow for Christmas. I want to wish everyone on this site a Merry Christmas. I hope you all get what you want for Christmas. Regards, Wayne

/ Anyone dress up the rural or weekend place for Christmas? #8  
Rob, Nice looking weekend place.

I do dress my weekend house up some but I don't do anything to the gate. The house can't be seen from the road and since I'm only there on the weekend, I don't like to attract attention to my place.

Mark

/ Anyone dress up the rural or weekend place for Christmas? #10  
We have a 35' spruce out front that I put lights on every year. I hadn't gotten around to it until two nights ago. I put up the first strand and lit it to make sure it was O.K. As soon as I lit it, some delivery or service van stopped and a voice came out of the window and said, "About time you got around to that!" in a very gruff voice. I was kind of miffed by his tone and that some one would complain like that. Then the voice said more pleasantly, "That's always my favorite tree and I was worried you wouldn't do it this year." I relaxed and thanked him. It made me feel good to know that people appreciate it. :)