Anyone Familiar with Husqvarna 345R used as Brush Cutter ???

/ Anyone Familiar with Husqvarna 345R used as Brush Cutter ??? #1  

Gordon Gould

Tractor
Kubota L3010DT, Kubota M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G Dozer
I have a lot of finger diameter glossy buckthorn I want to cut and saw a used 345R . I am wondering what people have to say about it. Thank you. I can never beat the stuff but hold it in check by cutting. I am getting tired of the hand loppers and wonder about a brush saw.
gg

/ Anyone Familiar with Husqvarna 345R used as Brush Cutter ??? #2  
I have a 345FR, and it's an absolute beast. Primary use for me was clearing heavy pond vegetation 3-6' high. I have never used the saw blade that came with it because I wasn't using it on woody stuff. I use the grass blade extensively. No problems whatsoever. It is heavy and loud. My only complaint is that I wish the shaft was a bit longer.

/ Anyone Familiar with Husqvarna 345R used as Brush Cutter ???
Thanks. I already bought it - I figured it wouldn't last long. So far I agree with your beast assessment. Way better than hands and knees with loppers or chainsaw.

gg

/ Anyone Familiar with Husqvarna 345R used as Brush Cutter ??? #4  
For cutting stuff at ground level consider getting one of the push trimmers.

I have one of the old Craftsman trimmers with a Briggs engine and it is the best tool in my arsenal for heavy brush. I also adapted a 10" saw blade for cutting small trees but I rarely need or use it.

/ Anyone Familiar with Husqvarna 345R used as Brush Cutter ???
Thanks for the suggestion but if what you are talking about is like a DR Trimmer it wouldn't work for me very well. The biggest area I cut used to be an 8 acre beaver pond before the dam went out. It is covered with rotting logs and broken or chewed off stumps all hidden in the brush. I can hardly walk thru it never mind push something. I only want to cut the invasive buckthorn. Any other vegetation I am fine with and want to leave as much as I can hoping it will take over which it slowly is. Property lines and power lines are other rough areas I do.

gg