Anyone found a source of 3 inch chlorine tabs

/ Anyone found a source of 3 inch chlorine tabs #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
3 inch chlorine tabs seem not to be available. I loaded the chlorinator this morning and started circulation. Have 3 tabs left outside the chlorinator.

Ralph

/ Anyone found a source of 3 inch chlorine tabs #2  

Chlorine factory burned down, so there's a shortage right now. I went to 3 pool stores and nothing. Then as luck would have it, costco had them, so I bought the last 3 buckets. Should get me through the season. All I can say is keep checking around.

/ Anyone found a source of 3 inch chlorine tabs
Gonna call the 2 local pool supply places tomorrow.

/ Anyone found a source of 3 inch chlorine tabs #4  
Gonna call the 2 local pool supply places tomorrow.
Seems to me that would be the first place to run out. Perhaps doing what FatJay did and look for off mainstream resources--Wally World, Costco and the like.

/ Anyone found a source of 3 inch chlorine tabs #5  
Menards generaly has them year round.
If there isnt one in your area you can order them online and they ship them.

/ Anyone found a source of 3 inch chlorine tabs #6  
Actually, I just checked Amazon, quite a few options available if you type this in the search bar

3 inch chlorine tablets

/ Anyone found a source of 3 inch chlorine tabs #8  
When we have the pool up, I just use liquid bleach.
I used liquid bleach for years. Now, liquid pool sanitizer is much cheaper. It's a higher concentration of sodium hypochlorite than bleach as well. Now we only use it when I open the pool in spring and when I close it in the fall. I don't need it during the summer because we have a salt water chlorine generator. Once in a great while I'll use it during the summer if we have a particularly large rain and the pool overflows and throws off the salt balance, or if an animal dies in the pool, like a squirrel. Or, if someone brings a baby to the pool. Babies are filthy. :ROFLMAO:

/ Anyone found a source of 3 inch chlorine tabs #9  
Babies are filthy.
We use the stuff that when a kid whizzes in the pool, it forms a red ring around them....lol

As a rule, no kids in the pool under 5. For some reason little ones have to whizz as soon as they get in the water...lol

/ Anyone found a source of 3 inch chlorine tabs #10  
I also chlorinate with bleach.

I either get 10% from Walmart, or 12% from the local hardware store when they have it. When I took over this pool I was doing it all wrong, based on conventional pool practices. I found troublefreepool.com and began following TFP practices and the pool became easier, cheaper, and the water has never been nicer.

Using test strips and chlorine tabs had my stabilizer levels (cyanuric acid) through the roof which meant I needed more and more and more chlorine and eventually meant I needed to drain the pool to lower the cya which meant I needed to buy more chemicals all over again...

These days everything is stabilized, takes a little dose of liquid chlorine each day, a little muriatic acid occasionally now and then, and about once a year I have to adjust cya and total alkalinity levels.

If you switch to liquid chlorination, you can always use household bleach in a pinch, as long as it's unscented, not gel, etc.

I use a Stehnner pump that is programmed to automatically dose the LQ each day, after daily testing long enough to determine the pool uses about half a gallon each day. Now I just test about once a week. I use liquid regents and vials and perform tests in the same manner a pool store would.

30,000 gallon in ground pool.