anyone got a similiar set up?

/ anyone got a similiar set up? #1  

DMG Tractor

electric /hydraulic switch on your loader stick for your true 3rd loader function as well as a separate independant rear remote. on your compact tractor?......

Just bought a 4105 supposed to be equipped as follows:

Cruise control

Block heater

300 cx loader, 61 inch matls bucket and a skid steer carrier adapter

True third loader function with electric/hydrualic switch

1 rear remote (possible two as sales was almost sure the new ones were coming with one rear remote as standard equip.)

A 72 inch frontier box blade.

was supposed to take delivery on the 23rd of June...

Tractor arrived at dealer a few days late ( i'm thinking no big deal), however, they sent the wrong loader mounts ( they sent the 3000 series mounts and not the ones for the 4105) NO cruise, NO rear remotes, NO electric/hydrualic switch, No box blade and i forgot to check if there was a block heater. they did however send the skid steer adapter and the extra hoses for the thrid function loader hydraulics. I suspect it'll be a couple more weeks before i get my tractor and the dealer is trying to push my third loader function be run from a rear remote with ( i assume ) a detent valve or something. I'm suspect they want to do that way because they might have configured or ordered it wrong with their software. Anyway I am not accepting that as everyone was clear on what features i wanted my tractor to have. I've already signed the dotted line and they'll have to do what ever takes to make it right.... would you not agree? this has been somewhat frustrating for sure.

Signed "wondering if Orange would have been easier Dave"

/ anyone got a similiar set up? #2  
I understand your concerns.... However, don't go jumping off of any tall curbs just yet! Many optional equipment features are "FIELD INSTALLED"! That is, your dealer will receive the attachments and his shop crew will do the installations.

Cruise control on the 4000 series is a switch mounted in the fender well that plugs into an existing wiring harness - lengthy and difficult - likely 15 minutes shop time! :D

The 3rd function on your FEL might well be optioned from the 3rd rear SCV with an electric diverter that will be controlled from the joystick. The toggle switch (on joystick) will divert hyd pressure to the loader when needed or to the rear SCV - back and forth. Very clean setup - and not that a difficult challange for your dealer - IMO.

Long story - short - give your dealer the benefit of the doubt.

Everything you've listed as options is doable by your local guys; if they get the right parts!!

AKfish

/ anyone got a similiar set up?
Well hopefully you are right. As far as the hydraulic setup goes that makes kinda sense to me...however its not really what they were suggesting .. the sales guy was suggesting that i would have physically make the hose connection at the back in order to use the 3rd loader function... and disconnect it to hook up to a rear implement hydraulic... maybe to shop guy has a clear understanding its ust not the feeling i am getting

/ anyone got a similiar set up? #4  
DMG,

Now is the time to go sit down with your dealer. There are several different possibile outcomes with the info you provided. The most common electric over hytraulic 3rd function uses the curl function of the bucket. This means the electric diverter is located where the 4 lines going to the loader hook to the tractor. I know on some of the new tractors there is an electric rear remote option(this sounds like what your dealer has in mind for you), honestly I don't this is as good for the 3rd function up on the loader, you have to run lines from the rear of the tractor all the way up the loader, the longer the lines the higher the likelyhood of catching 1 at some point, also it would require a disconection of the 3rd function to the front to use the remote for the rear as the sales guy indicated. All that said, talking to the dealer now before any work is done will help to make sure you end up with exactly what you want, which is what they want(happy customer).

I hope this helps,

Todd

Last edited:
   / anyone got a similiar set up? #5  
By all means, talk with your dealer! It's much better to get a complete picture of the EXACT configuration BEFORE it has been installed! :thumbsup:

If you have a choice between a diverter using the curl function on your loader versus tapping into the rear SCV - go with the rear SCV- IMO!!

That way, you won't have the bothersome and oftentimes awkward chore of switching on/off so you can curl and grab at the same time! Using my loader grapple with brush and limbs, etc. I can only imagine how clumsy that might be trying to grab at the same time as you're trying to curl the whole wad back towards the loader frame.

AKfish

/ anyone got a similiar set up? #6  
AKFish,

I respectfully disagree with your analysis. You said it would be awkward to curl and grab at the same time with the diverter on the curl circuit.

The 2 possibilities the OP has listed are a true rear SCV or electric diverter for the rear outlet. For the true rear SCV he would have to take his hand from the steering wheel to operate the handle for the rear scv, providing the grab, while his other hand is on the loader joystick, for the curl. In the case of an electric diverter for the rear outlet he still has to use the switch between 2 of the functions.

As I said earlier I have the diverter on the curl function and having moved many tons of large round and large square bales I have never felt handicapped in any way. For me keeping my hand in one place while being able to switch between the grapple and the curl works the best. I don't like the idea of having to reach down for a different lever to grab or release a 1500# bale of hay.

Different things work for different folks thats the beauty of these forums you can get a lot of opinions from people who already have what you are looking at.

Have a good day.

Todd

/ anyone got a similiar set up? #7  
Deere came out with a 110TLB style handle and control for some of the CUT line this year. It adds a EH valve for 3rd function loaders. Perhaps this is what the tractor was supposed to come with. I thought that was a factory add though.

/ anyone got a similiar set up? #8  
I have the electric diverter plus the 3rd SCV on my 3720. Also the line set for teh grapple.

I woould suggest using the 3rd SVC for any optional equip. Right now I have my 3rd scv hooked to my hydraulic angle on my Harley rake so I used one of the diverted port sets for the hydraulic top link. You don't know how many times I have gone to nudge the loader and moved the top link because I forgot to flip the switch back...

Most if not all of these options were ordered with tractor and installed by dealer.

P.S. Orange would have certainly been easier as I don't think you can even get electric diverters of half teh options that you can get with Greene

/ anyone got a similiar set up? #9  
You said it would be awkward to curl and grab at the same time with the diverter on the curl circuit.

The 2 possibilities the OP has listed are a true rear SCV or electric diverter for the rear outlet. For the true rear SCV he would have to take his hand from the steering wheel to operate the handle for the rear scv, providing the grab, while his other hand is on the loader joystick, for the curl. In the case of an electric diverter for the rear outlet he still has to use the switch between 2 of the functions.

Maybe there's some confusion... for both of us!

If he has the 3rd rear-mounted SCV - in your words - a "true rear SCV". AND then installs an electric diverter - which utilizes the hyd circuit of the 3rd rear-mounted SCV - by diverting that hyd flow to the 3rd SCV FRONT loader function; grapple, etc. when required; he won't have to operate a "handle" or even toggle the switch more than once. (Unless he has a rear mounted hyd cylinder connected to the rear SCV.)

Never have to leave the steering wheel, never have to drop your hand from the joystick - AND - he'd never have to toggle between curl and grapple or back and forth numerous times between curl and grapple while loading debris or bales.

Click - front grapple. Click - rear SCV. It's that easy. Curl always works; and you don't have to worry about whether the curl is gonna twist back or the grapple is gonna close. 'Cause if you're like me... I routinely would forget when the curl is on or the grapple is on! And in the heat of working a pile of tree limbs or a pod of square bales; I get curl when I wanted grapple!

AKfish

/ anyone got a similiar set up? #10  
I have the electric diverter plus the 3rd SCV on my 3720. Also the line set for teh grapple.

I woould suggest using the 3rd SVC for any optional equip. Right now I have my 3rd scv hooked to my hydraulic angle on my Harley rake so I used one of the diverted port sets for the hydraulic top link. You don't know how many times I have gone to nudge the loader and moved the top link because I forgot to flip the switch back...

Most if not all of these options were ordered with tractor and installed by dealer.

P.S. Orange would have certainly been easier as I don't think you can even get electric diverters of half teh options that you can get with Greene

The diverter on my JD 110TLB switches the front 3 hydraulic functions - loader boom, curl, and grapple - to the rear 3 hydraulic functions - top, tilt, and equipment cylinder if used.

I know it's very easy to forget where/what the diverter function is currently on. That's exactly how I smashed my rear tail light/turn signal with a rear mounted disc mower! The rear cylinder lifted the mower in the air - too high - when I expected that the grapple would close! Wrong...

Another option is to work from the Power Beyond cirucuit and install open-center spool valves from that. Typically, that approach involves more hardware and can take up valueable real-estate at the rear of your tractor, etc.

AKfish