3-Point Hitch Anyone had to replace 4145 stabilizer pins?

/ Anyone had to replace 4145 stabilizer pins? #1  

dstriplett

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XR4145
Both of mine on my XR 4145 are loose in the mount. Looking for a replacement but the size is evidently odd. 7/8 doesn稚 fit (too big). Anyone found a ready made solution?

/ Anyone had to replace 4145 stabilizer pins? #2  
Short answer is no. But what stabilizer pines are you referring too?

/ Anyone had to replace 4145 stabilizer pins?
The ones that the stabilizer arms mount to on the tractor. Not the lower link arms. The 3/4 x 1.5 pins are 菟ress fit from the factory. Both have popped loose. Even though there isn稚 enough play for the implement to sway into the rear tire lugs there is still a bit too much sway on whatever attachment I知 using. I did rig up a short term solution using some Cat 0 link pins but the ball on the stabilizer arms is larger than the pin so there痴 still more play than I壇 like.

/ Anyone had to replace 4145 stabilizer pins? #4  
I’m having trouble picturing which pins you are missing. Can you post a picture of the ones you are talking about?

Next time I go by the farm I will. Pretty simple though. The stabilizer or sway bar attaches on one end to the lower link arm. On the other it attaches to the tractor. The pin that end fits over is what I知 talking about.

/ Anyone had to replace 4145 stabilizer pins? #6  
I understand what you are talking about. One of mine on my R3039 broke and I am needing a replacement. Wish I knew how to press the broken part out and then replace with a new pin. I thought it was 7/8 but have not mic'd it.

Dealer called the other day to tell me the parts were in. Ordered them under warranty. I値l swing by this week to see what they received.

/ Anyone had to replace 4145 stabilizer pins? #8  
That pin is in a small little bracket all on its own ----- the bracket is sandwiched between the loader frame and the ROPS bracket. Three bolts come up from below through all three pieces. Each pin has a hole in it through which the retaining pin fits and captures the draft link end. Both of my pins broke at that hole. I removed the little brackets and cut the remainder of the pin flush to the bracket. I made replacement pins from 3/4" all thread and welded them to the bracket. I use 3/4" nuts to capture and retain the draft arm on the pins. Better than new and no designed in weak spot at a hole in a pin.

/ Anyone had to replace 4145 stabilizer pins? #9  
y'all have to remember everything on these tractors will be metric. I also realize that some metric and SAE sizes are close enough to exchange, like a 14mm wrench will work in place of a 9/16...etc etc I