Anyone have a Yamaha Terrapro?

/ Anyone have a Yamaha Terrapro? #11  
Do you know where I can get some parts for my Terrapro. I need a hi/low/reverse shifter cable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ Anyone have a Yamaha Terrapro? #12  
I love mine, worked great today, the drag link broke on my john deere mower, so I just used the terrapro to finish mowing. Here is a attached pic, I have taken good care of it.

Holy cow is that nice...You took care of it, that's an understatement:thumbsup:

What year is that?

/ Anyone have a Yamaha Terrapro? #13  
Holy cow is that nice...You took care of it, that's an understatement:thumbsup:

What year is that?

I'd say that is a nice one! Probably one of the nicest left. They only made them 1 year, 1988. However, some refer to them as 1989 models. I loved mine and it made a very capable ATV with the mower off. With the mower on it did great unless I let the grass get too tall or if it was wet and thick. I think the PTO hp was somewhere around 14 hp. I'd love to see them come out with the same thing again with a big bore engine!

/ Anyone have a Yamaha Terrapro? #14  
I'd say that is a nice one! Probably one of the nicest left. They only made them 1 year, 1988. However, some refer to them as 1989 models. I loved mine and it made a very capable ATV with the mower off. With the mower on it did great unless I let the grass get too tall or if it was wet and thick. I think the PTO hp was somewhere around 14 hp. I'd love to see them come out with the same thing again with a big bore engine!

I have an affinity for classic cars et.al....Having something like that, in that condition, is an accomplishment regardless of it's utility against the modern stuff...There are 2 month old quads around here that don't look that nice..

Sounds like the PTO was a good idea for the time period...The Cadillac V8,6,4 was ahead of it's time too...Look around now. Once the technology catches up, look out..Someone should retry this today.

I like it.:D

/ Anyone have a Yamaha Terrapro? #15  

Attachments

• 100_2633.jpg
    100_2633.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 6,226
   / Anyone have a Yamaha Terrapro? #16  
Chris, taking good care of it is an understatement. Do you ever use it? There aren't even grass clippings in the discharge of the mower. The only thing that makes it look other than brand new are the wheels of the mower unit which appear to have rust or discoloration. Even the ATV tires are so clean they don't even have dirt on them.
That machine belongs in parades or on display in a museum! Like Tim said, it is a real beauty to people like us who enjoy vintage autos and machinery.
Wow.

/ Anyone have a Yamaha Terrapro? #17  
Yes, I do use it, I do alot of riding, when I am done, I clean it up. Not sure why the one wheel on the mower rusted like it did, will get a can of paint. Everybody tell me I clean too much, even the grass that sticks to the deck.

Attachments

• 100_2633.jpg
    100_2633.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 594
   / Anyone have a Yamaha Terrapro? #18  

I fully agree Dargo. With the size of engines they are putting in these things these days, along with liquid cooling, they could really improve the overall experience. When I used to sell them, Yamaha was really hoping they'd "take off" and sell like hot cakes. I can't remember exactly but they were pricey and so were the Woods made implements. I remember the finish mower being the better choice over the shredder. I also remember wishing it had another 10 Hp or so.

/ Anyone have a Yamaha Terrapro? #19  
I'd sell my mower and buy something like that in a heartbeat if they'd build a modern version on a 700cc+ 4x4 atv. And that's one clean, well cared for, Terrapro in the pics.

/ Anyone have a Yamaha Terrapro? #20  
I got 2 Yamaha Terrapro atv and 1 finishing mower i'm planning on getting rid of. Thay are not running because of being sittting up for a few years. Everything is still there nothing missing.